Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 134

Gar, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PAC 2015 National, Reading PA
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Owen:

I will also be attending, but only for the first few days. Fact is, I am bringing the Packard documentary "Packard - The Last Shift" to be shown on Wednesday night in the Reading IMAX Theater.

This will be the first time the documentary will be shown outside of the film festival circuit. The filmmaker, Brian Kaufman and his employer The Detroit Free Press are allowing this showing for the attendees to the meet.

And no, it is not available on DVD or Blu-Ray. So if you want to see the film, then you need to get to Reading.

See you there.

Documentary trailer here:
http://archive.freep.com/article/20121202/NEWS01/120814070

Posted on: 2015/6/19 18:52
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Looking forward to it, my favorite part of the country.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 8:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
I've been asked if the showing of Packard - The Last Shift is part of the "official" program and if there is a fee.

The answers are yes and yes.

You may have noticed these two items in the May edition of the Cormorant News Bulletin:
? Page 12: "Evening reception at the Google Works Center for the Arts and a movie on the Packard Factory at the Reading IMAX Theater".
? Page 13 (the registration form) they list under Thursday events: "Packard documentary at the IMAX Theater and a visit to the Google Works -- $10 per person".

I was contacted about 9 months ago by the organizers for help in contacting the filmmaker to get the movie shown in Reading. Frankly, I had been working with him for several years to have the first "outside" showing of the documentary at the Packard Proving Grounds as a two-night fund raiser - like a world premiere. But, how could I say no to them?

I would still like this to be a fundraiser for the PPG in Reading. The $10 admission fee only covers the cost of the renting the theater and the Google Center for the Arts. So I will be bringing my PPG collection plate too.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 9:14
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Just a minor correction -- it's "GOGGLE" (as in safety goggles), not "GOOGLE" (the Internet thing). The building was built in the 1800s to manufacturer goggles, among other items.

And - the deadline to mail in your registration forms is next week. They MUST be received by June 30th, (that's "RECEIVED" - not "postmarked") or they will be returned and not processed!

Posted on: 2015/6/20 20:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It was a superb event! Very well attended, Packards from 1910 to 1958. Next year's National at Traverse City, Michigan. A special treat was a private viewing at the Reading IMAX arranged by Roger Detroit of the Detroit Free Press/Brian Kaufman film "Packard - The Last Shift". Perhaps the best tour was being the first group at the new Bulgari collection in Allentown - we were treated royally and received a special gift, superb reprints on high quality paper of some of Packard's greatest advertisements of the late 30s. Some photos and narrative at:

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3171

I had a last minute change of plans and took the 56 Caribbean and glad I did, a bit too much high speed highways around Reading itself to have been comfortable with 45-50 mph. Car performed well, averaged 15.44 miles per gallon over just shy of 500 miles.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 8:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
There's a link in this post on the AACA website to Packards Virginia posted photos.

Posted on: 2015/8/3 4:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
There are some pictures on the PAC Facebook page too,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/342912285774974/

If you don't do Facebook, ask your spouse, children, grandchildren, or friend who does, and check them out.

Posted on: 2015/8/4 14:55
 Top  Print   

AACA Hershey Fall Meet
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
Has anyone gotten photos back from Hershey, that could be shared with those of us who could not attend?

Posted on: 2015/10/13 0:40
 Top  Print   

Re: AACA Hershey Fall Meet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
On the AACA Website in the General Discussion Forum there are a number of threads with Hershey pic's.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 3:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved