Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

packard 400 tire size
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

kbradley77
See User information
I'm starting to look into getting tries for my 400. I know that the original sizes were 815 then went to 915 before going to metric. I understand that the primary sizes are 235x75x15 and the other option is 225x75x15 but that tends to be short by about 1.25 inches. I need help worth this please.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 0:37
 Top  Print   

Re: packard 400 tire size
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Nothing wrong with the 225's PROVIDED THAT the car is used for moderate passenger car operation. For high speeds above 45 or 50 mph and for heavier loads than just 2 or 3 passengers on a sunday cruise to the local country club then the 235's would be better.

I'm running the 235's on my 56 Executive. HOWEVER, there is some very minor scrub on the rear inner fender wells that occur under rough terrain operation and they run much closer to front fenders on lock to lock steering than what is desireable. But just enuf clearence.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 11:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Also, be sure to get the SEVENTY_FIVE's. NOT 70's or 65's or anything smaller than the 75 aspect ratio.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 11:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

kbradley77
See User information
Thanks for the info. I can get these new /used at my local tire place, right? If so, what kinda ball park cost? I'm kinda thinking that i want the "medium" sized white stripe.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 12:04
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

kbradley77
See User information
How does the 815/915 compare in size to the 225x75x15 or 235x75x15? My tires say 815 But I'm sure I'm only gonna be able to get radials.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 23:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Diamondback has a chart in their catalog that might answer some of your questions. There are other vendors that also have charts.http://www.dbtires.com/crossreference.html

Posted on: 2015/1/25 0:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

kbradley77
See User information
Thanks HH56. That was the exact info i was looking for.

Posted on: 2015/1/25 2:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved