Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

115 hubcaps
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bradford B. Owen Jr.
See User information
I just found out that both Bill Hirsch and the Kanter brothers have run out of reproduction hubcaps for my 1937 115, and have no plans for a new run. Anybody have some new or decent used ones for sale? Also, any advice on how to remove the skin and straighten out my two really beat up ones? I assume the "skin" is too thin to treat like the various stainless pieces I've restored. Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/1/24 9:51
 Top  Print 

Re: 115 hubcaps
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Let me look in my stack of packard parts; I know I have some junior hubcaps but I'm not sure what year they are.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 10:15
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As with so many other repro parts, they have their production run and then are no more unless someone else picks up the mantle. When you need something, best not to put off the purchase.

I'm trying to remember, I seem to recall there was an outfit in Australia that reskinned some Packard caps in stainless steel. I'm betting Mal will know the details.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 10:16
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Let's hope either Kanter or Hirsch re-order another run - should be a no-brainer having a strong sales history to support...Kanter just started running these a couple years ago...

Posted on: 2015/1/24 12:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
If you are able to locate some wheel covers, the old ones make great lamps. The one I have is an unplated brass shell. My 115C came with reproduction steel plated covers. This cover was an extra odd part that came with the car.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (81.26 KB)
565_54c3e70e9bfa7.jpg 853X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/1/24 13:40
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I spoke with the Hirsch folks last month and they said they were going to be making new ones late winter. They ran a new ad in the Packard Newsletter this month, so maybe you'll get lucky.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 13:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"I'm betting Mal will know the details"
Sorry to say, but unfortunately I don't. Maybe there's another Aussie on board who does?

Posted on: 2015/1/24 13:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I only have 3 "one twenty" hubcaps

Posted on: 2015/1/24 14:03
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
Try PST 973-299-8019 I had bought from them about 5 years ago though,I thought maybe they were another branch of Kanters who just listed on ebay. If you can't find anyone,let me know as I have 4 that are new old original Packard inventory, only the black paint on the other ring needs to be touched up on 2 of them. Many n.o.s.parts stayed in inventory if they weren't 100% correct,in those days.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 14:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
I too hope Kanter makes another run. I went to order some a few months ago only to find that they were out.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 22:48
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved