Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 window regulator
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Collinge
See User information
Hi guys
My 1939 1701A Packard hearse needs new window regulators in the front. I have spoken to a seller, who tells me that there are three different types for this year.

Can you help with the following:-
1) Does someone have a part number for these
2) What model Packard regulator would fit? A) sedan B) Coupe C) Coach D) 7 seater sedan.

Any help will be appreciated

Posted on: 2015/1/27 12:14
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 window regulator
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Mike, another possibility though I don't know how realistic it is, is that the regulator was a Henney-supplied part and not the same as any of the Packard units. I don't have a Henney parts book covering your year vehicle but perhaps someone else on here may have one.

Posted on: 2015/1/27 13:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
In addition to what OD said, can you post pictures of the old regulators?
Is the whole unit bad, or just the gears? Any markings on the old ones?

Posted on: 2015/1/27 14:36
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Collinge
See User information
I will be able to post weird pics, because the part is still in the car, and it is still doing funerals.

I will have a look to see if there are any markings, and what the problem seems to be over the weekend.

Any other ideas, guys?

Posted on: 2015/1/27 14:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
Sorry that I don't have anything meaningful to add about a Henney window regulator. But I do want to note my admiration for any 76 year old vehicle still doing the job it was built to do.

I'd also hope that you know what many on this Forum already know. In April of 1947, Henry Ford took his last ride in a Packard hearse. Probably also a Henney. Apparently a Lincoln could not be found and a Cadillac might even feel worse.

Checking my sources, Franklin Roosevelt's remains left the Little White House in Georgia in a Cadillac S&S hearse for the short drive to the funeral train. But there's no detail as to what make of hearse was used for the final mile for the intermet at Hyde Park, New York other than the 200 "olive drab fastbacks with a white star on their doors" to transport the dignitaries. I'll continue to look but since the Roosevelt White House preferred Packards, it might have also been a Henney, too.

Posted on: 2015/1/27 15:42
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

jim C
See User information
Just found a window regulator for my 39 Packard 1700, 2 door sedan. I found it on ebay for $60.00 and it was an NOS part. I would suggest you take it out and start Googling it. That's how I found mine. Kanter had one for, I think 114.00 but I'm not sure it would fit your car. Isn't finding 76 year old car parts fun???? To me it's finding them but not paying a fortune for them... Surprisingly they are still out there.

Posted on: 2015/2/5 0:03
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved