Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 177

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

connection inner fender panel to frame
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Can anyone tell me or show me with pictures how the inner fender panels are connected to the frame on a 38 super 8?

Posted on: 2015/2/12 13:24
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Re: connection inner fender panel to frame
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I am unfamiliar with your car but I do have a 37, 120 and the inner panels do not connect to the frame. I would be surprised if they do as the body and frame need to wiggle and you would not want the panels interfering with that movement. My panels connect to the fender along the upper ridge and to the radiator.
Rod Smith, Reno NV

Posted on: 2015/2/14 20:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Actually I found out yesterday that the panels are connected with a piece of rubber to keep dirt and water out. It's bolted flat on the frame and bend 90 degrees to connect to the panel. Maybe it's only on the senior line.

Posted on: 2015/2/15 0:22
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
You are probably right! I notice that there are a series of holes along the bottom edge of the panels that probably held the rubber in earlier years.
Rod Smith, Reno HV

Posted on: 2015/2/15 16:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chad G
See User information
Along the bottom edge of the 1st picture linked below, you can see what remained of the rubber that used to attach the inner fenders to the frame on my 41 120. The 2nd plink shows a straight on view, without fenders (remnants of rubber are still attached).
The first time I took the inner fenders off to do some work the brittle rubber completely cracked, and crumbled. I'd guess it was about 1/8 - 3/16 think. It was held in place by a metal strip with holes and push clips that sandwiched it to the frame, and inner fender.

Picture of inner fender attachment

Straight on view without fender

Posted on: 2015/2/19 15:19
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved