Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Cost estimates to re-core a radiator
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Go to a local autoparts store. Ask to look at their RADIATOR vendors book. USUALLY the book has dimensions in it. Find a MODERN DAY PRODUCTION type rad that is of BEST FIT. Probably take about 2 hours.

That's what i finally had to do for my 56 Exec. I found a late 70's ford picup truck rad. Been running that for over 7 years and at least 15K miles now.

Hey!!! There mite not be a modern production type rad that even comes close. But worth a try. My guess is that u will find onee. Probably some truck or commericaal application.

Posted on: 2015/2/20 9:22
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Look ca. 1960's thru about 1985 popular lite or heavy truck models is where i would start. BECAUSE they are STILL is wide spread use therefore rads still available. Worth a try before dropping $500 to $2K into a alreaady used rad.

IIRC the late 70's ford rad in my 56 Exec was about $120 at Advance Auto Parts some 7 years ago. Probably $300 now.

Posted on: 2015/2/20 9:27
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you really want a true cellular core, >$2000 is about the going price and I doubt you'll get anything other than a fin & tube for $600- $800. Folks who, for reasons of authentic appearance, must have the look of a cellular core without the cost have resorted to having a fin & tube core made and then soldered to the exterior a very thin slice of an old cellular core, solely to give the correct appearance.

Posted on: 2015/2/20 9:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved