Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

dallas, tabletennissport, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Patrician (400 etc) sill trim clips... help!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Muir
See User information
Hi,
I'm really struggling to locate some of the sill trim clips for the long trim (mouldings?) that run along the sills (rockers?) between the wheel arches.
They're the 1 1/2" wire push in variety. Being in NZ we're a bit limited in where to get these things and I've been trying to do a bit of cross-referencing with Chevy's, fords that kind of thing, but whereas 1" seems to be commonplace, 1 1/2" seem not to.
I could mention that the ebay is my usual source (accessibility) and places like napa or the like don't ship overseas.

I'm not necessarily after new ones, just good solid usable ones, I have one usable at the moment (out of 18 needed!!!), does anyone here have a few usable ones or can give me some hinters or interchanges?

If anyone has spares and wants to move them on I'd be very happy :)

I normally use paypal, but could look at alternatives if need be, and there is the possibility of a US shipping address in Oregon rather than New Zealand, although I'd prefer to get them shipped directly to me.
I could rather awkwardly add I'm not in a huuuge hurry to fork out $10 each or thereabouts (did I say the wrong thing?)

Any responses greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Muir

Posted on: 2015/2/24 0:26
 Top  Print 

Re: Patrician (400 etc) sill trim clips... help!
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I found some clips that worked on my car by turning them 90 degrees.

What I mean by that is that I couldn't find clips with the correct "height", but did find clips with a "width" that fit the required "height" when turned 90 degrees. Just an option for you. If you look at my project blog, I think I reference the vendor I bought them from.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 15:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Muir
See User information
Thanks BigKev - found the reference (page 169 of your blog!) clips and mouldings... now I'm just ploughing through their website... with the amount of stuff they have their shop must be the size of Texas....

Cheers
Muir

Posted on: 2015/2/26 0:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Muir,

Here are the three sizes PM me with the ones you need.

Attach file:

jpg  (85.15 KB)
17226_54fb7bdfdf171.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  (80.33 KB)
17226_54fb7bef6c55a.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  (78.06 KB)
17226_54fb7bfe71c65.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/3/7 17:30
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
there is another clip,,,for rear lower molding, which goes into double panel, it has 2 flat prongs

Posted on: 2015/3/7 17:54
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
We have the various clips available that you looking for NOS, used, and reproduction if you have issues finding them. I had to replace about a half dozen on my 400.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2015/3/9 11:56
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved