Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: V8 color by year and Model
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The chrome-plated valve covers were either painted red on the "Packard" lettering or left plain chrome. I have examples of both in the original boxes.

Posted on: 2015/3/2 13:17
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If it ever comes to pass you get enough documented 56 engines or pieces with known factory turquoise paint, since there doesn't seem be be a repro it might be nice to add a mfg & paint code reference for that particular shade to your database so anyone interested can have some made.

Posted on: 2015/3/2 13:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
The turquoise paint in your chart seems very dark. What are the chances of this paint color fading from heat and age?
If there is a silver color listed that no person here on the site has ever seen, what are the chances that there were more than 1 shade of green used ?
This darker shade may have been a clash with the tourmaline painted cars. I had reposted an engine compartment pic on the other thread. Looked unrestored. What are the chances of 2 cars in 2 different states to have engines in the same color if not from the factory.
Can someone post a better picture than the chart above with what is believed to be the factory orig engine green (turquoise) for 55?

Posted on: 2015/3/3 19:37
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved