Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
28 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

37 115C Horn Wiring
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
I'm attempting to hook up the wires to the horn on my 37 sedan. The original shop manual diagram is so poor that I can't make out what wire goes where. I know there are 3 wires, one larger than the other two. Does anyone have a good wiring diagram or possibly share what wire goes where. I had marked the horn with masking tape where each wire attached but it managed to come off sometime during my engine exchange.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 14:19
 Top  Print 

Re: 37 115C Horn Wiring
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If it is standard horn relay there should be some marking next to the terminals -- "B" for battery, "H" for horns and "S" for switch or the horn ring wire. Packard usually drew their schematics in somewhat of an as mounted on the car fashion so here is what I have. Not quite sure what that relay looks like or exactly how it positions but two terminals on one side and a single on the other end. If it is mounted similarly on your car then looks like the battery is the separated terminal and the horn ring would go on the terminal closest to firewall.

Attach file:

jpg  (28.41 KB)
209_5514636878f9f.jpg 478X436 px

Posted on: 2015/3/26 14:52
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: 37 115C Horn Wiring
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The horn relay for My 37 Six has, as Howard describes, three terminals.

The middle one is where the power or battery wire connects. A heavy 10 gauge wire from the starter terminal connects to it.

One of the end terminals is where the wire from the horn button connects.

Wires to the horns connect on the other end terminal. This terminal is closer to the BAT terminal than the other end one and is in a raised position slightly above the other two.

Of course, my car could have a replacement relay and differ from yours, but this is what I have. My car is equipped with Delco electrics. Hope it helps.

As a side note: I relocated my horns to the middle of the cowl wall. I did it for what I think is a more pleasing appearance. Not authentic and can be easily converted back to the factory location. I did not alter any of the wires. I did save the bracket that mounts the horns to the cylinder head. My, that is one hefty piece of steel.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/3/26 15:57
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved