Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 123

53 Cavalier, Don B, David Timberlake, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

vin id
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
somewhere there is info on this,

but does the door vin need to match the anti theft , what does the numbers mean on body, engine bay,

Attach file:

jpg  (115.97 KB)
4498_551af4766c196.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  (82.96 KB)
4498_551af48fe5b9a.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2015/3/31 14:25
Riki
 Top  Print   

Re: vin id
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
VN tells you its a 56 Patrician.2107 tells you it was the 107th one made.Thief proof number will never match. See Owen's posts regarding this number and its meanings.

Posted on: 2015/3/31 14:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
1107th built; they started at 1001.

Posted on: 2015/3/31 14:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
thanks,

Posted on: 2015/3/31 15:08
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
up date, i have title,

but,,,,,,my plates were not but on title,,,went back to DMV,ca, person, said i can't use them, need to paint them,,what,

emailed the director of dmv,,,i got a reply from a supervisor,,

now, i need to get proof that plates were on car,,,this is such bull, i may end up in court, the plates were on the car when vin was confirmed.......by a cop,,,,,,,

Posted on: 2015/5/7 21:30
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Welcome to the joys of dealing with California DMV on anything the least bit out of whack.

Posted on: 2015/5/7 22:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Is the issue that the DMV wants the old plates turned in because their records are screwed up?

I recently had to replace the plates I got when I was living in Pentagon City. I like them because they are just a number and don't have stupid cartoons on them. But I see California sells a plain license plate so I would just buy new ones with the same number as the old ones.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 15:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
tim,

pretty much gets down to money,,, the state is coming out with retro plates this summer,

i can buy used plates, and use them, but not the ones that where on car, its nuts,

i am going to email the director one more time, if she does nothing, going to media,,

in all this no law, was brought up, my state senator office won't do anything ,,for me,, only,,,,they want more people to complain,,,,

Posted on: 2015/5/9 0:17
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Those in other states may not fully understand your issue. I guess you want to register and display "ca black plates"? I understood that in Ca the black plate is a big deal as the original plates had to be the same number as was the last registration the dmv had on file or was it the plate number the car always had assigned to it? I guess that would make a ca " bl plate" car and its history a little more unique. Here in NY, the old bl plates with yellow lettering need to be unrestored orig and a pic sent to dmv to ck the number is not in use then they do have to be professionally rest with proper reflective paint. If ca is going to reissue the black plates with new #s then everyone will have them and there will be no history or uniqueness to them. So just get a new set. Whats the big deal. When used here they have no originality to the car. They are just an open number of any old style plate.
I have a set of ny 1940 with the dmv verification paperwork unrest that I was going to use on my Willys coupe but sold it prior to renewing the reg.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 10:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information

i want to use the plates that came with car, that is part of its history, and i should be able to, i should not have to turn in those plates.

which, most likely will be sold, by DMV, so i lose all around.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 11:41
Riki
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved