Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
42 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 41

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Hello all! New 39 Packard Six Touring Sedan owner
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

autopat
See User information
A friend got this in a trade, and just wanted to get his money back from it, so I went and looked at it and was immediately intrigued by the styling, and the fact that it is completely rust free, and 80% done. I bought it, he delivered it to my house, and my wife absolutely fell in love with it! Now I have to finish a couple other projects to fund the build of this one for her. I'm no stranger to restorations, or modifications, or fabrication, but this is my first car older than late 50's. I've owned over 400 cars in my lifetime (I quit counting about 6 years ago), and I already have 8 cars, I really didn't need this one, but I couldn't pass it up for the price, or the condition of the car. I currently have a 1958 Opel Olympia Caravan (haven't touched it yet), a 65 C-10 short, wide, big window (have all of the parts for it, but haven't started on it yet), a 66 Suburban (had it since 93, have all of the parts to do it but haven't started it yet), a 73 Nova SS (85% done, will be painting it this weekend), a 90 4x4 Suburban (DD), a 2004 Focus (flip car), a 2010 Camaro SS (weekend cruiser), and a 2012 Enclave (wifes DD). I'll be the first to tell you, I'm definitely breaking new ground here, and I will have questions, and need tips, so I'm putting all of you experts on notice.... Stand by for some tech questions! Really looking forward to getting to know you guys, and learning more about this amazing car. If there's anything I can do, or help find in rust-free Arizona, please drop me a line!

Pat

Attach file:

jpg  (95.21 KB)
88999_552f44419760d.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/4/16 0:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Hello all! New 39 Packard Six Touring Sedan owner
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Pat.
Although this is a Packard forum, I cannot resist asking you what an Opel Olympia Caravan is doing in Arizona?!

Tom

Posted on: 2015/4/16 6:48
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

autopat
See User information
You know, I'm not really sure of the entire history of the car, but the original owners were very good friends with the people I bought it from, and the original owners bought it new in southern California, and it came to Tucson Arizona in 1963, they sold it to the people I bought it from in 1985, and they owned it until I got it in 2012. As you can see I have a somewhat eclectic taste in cars. I've also had 3 NSU Prinz's, two 59's, and a 60. I do embrace the dare to be different. I just finished and sold a 74 C-10, "Fast & Loud" project, you guys can check it out if you like, it's on YouTube, under the heading 74 Shoptruck Life, here's a link Shoptruck video.

Posted on: 2015/4/17 0:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Thanks.
Tom

Posted on: 2015/4/17 2:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Pat, welcome to Packard. As an owner of a 39 six sedan myself, I fully believe you'll enjoy it as a great driving car.
I'll offer any help I can. By the way, great name.

Pat

Posted on: 2015/4/19 18:30
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

autopat
See User information
Thanks for the welcome, I'm not sure how this car came to be, or what thought process the PO was following. I'm just worried I'll get flamed, or shunned, for having such a highly modified car. I don't know that I would have taken the same route myself, time will tell. I can promise you this, I will treat this car and present this car with the prestige it deserves.

Pat

Posted on: 2015/4/19 20:26
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

autopat
See User information
I've found a small gold mine, in the form of a wrecking yard, right here in my small town.If you guys need any parts, please shoot me a message, and I'll see if I can get you some prices. I don't have an inventory yet, as I just don't know Packards that well yet. I can tell you every Chevelle, Nova, C-10, Buick, and Olds they have, but I just found about the Packard's, Nash's, Kaiser's, Desoto's, and Hudson's.

Pat

Posted on: 2015/4/20 22:46
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

autopat
See User information
So, I went back to my local yard, and took a bunch of pictures of the Packards they have, here's some pictures of what they have. The pictures are not all Packards, but they are all pretty cool! If you guys see anything you might want me to inquire about, drop me a line. They have already told me that the "local" prices are better than anything they have to ship out of state, I've learned they almost triple the prices for parts they have to ship. I don't need to make any money off of the parts, so I'll just sell them for whatever he charges me plus shipping.

Junkyard Gold

Pat

Posted on: 2015/4/28 23:35
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

autopat
See User information
I've also got some more pictures of my car, but I'm not sure how they should be posted, in my posts or a separate "garage". Any tips?

Pat

Posted on: 2015/4/28 23:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Pat,

"in my posts or a separate "garage""

In your posts, is one way to do so. A separate "garage" could be either a Project Blog in that Forum if you'd like to keep a record of the progress of any work you do on your Packard. And/or in the Packard Photo Archive another great feature on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 19:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved