Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Vaccuu gave test location
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Craig Fox
See User information
I will keep an eye out for that issue. I have been under the car and fuel tank looks like it was replaced at some point. Rather newer than the rest. My though is the fellow that I bought the car from said that his son had drained the tank and maybe changed the fuel lines when they got it from the restorers widow who was a friend of theirs. I am thinking that maybe there is just enough rust that it is filtering the fuel going into the feeder pipe when I accelerate to starve the carb a little and get the jutter. With motorcycles I have recoated the fuel tanks at home. I know that when I first got the car it ran to the gas station fine but my troubles stared after I filled it up. I wonder if I stirred up the rust on the bottom when I filled it. Anyway can't hurt to drain it some. There might beam little water in there also. Just trying to get her to where we can go for a drive and hopefully not be towed home!

Posted on: 2015/4/28 10:51
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved