Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 103

Alvin14, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Headliner
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Hello, has anyone replaced a headliner in a 41 Packard sedan and if so I would appreciate any advice. I have located a supplier on EBay called " Go liners that sells a pre-sewn headliner for my 41. Is anyone familiar with this company and how well their headliners fit. They state that they have been in business producing headliners and carpets for 56 years. Many Thanks for any advice.

Posted on: 2015/4/24 22:49
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 Headliner
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
I have replaced headliners in a 41 Packard many times. I only used headliners from Kanter so I can't speak for other companies. Use brushed cotton headliners due to originality and light weight. Heavy cloth will sag eventually. They will have to know the number of bows the headliner has due to variations in body style. Hope this helps. John

Posted on: 2015/4/25 5:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Hi John, I know headliner installation is not easy but how difficult was it on the 41's that you did?

Posted on: 2015/4/25 9:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
If a person knows how to replace one, it is not difficult. To a beginner, it can be somewhat less than easy. If you call me I can explain the procedure. The 41's that I have done were no more difficult than any other car of that era.
Start with the middle bow and work forward, then go from the middle bow and work backwards. I can communicate better over the phone than I can with a computer. John 845-876-7309

Posted on: 2015/4/25 20:02
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved