Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 69

John Sauser, Todd W. White, Marty or Marston, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Just saying hi
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kleroy
See User information
I'm new to this site and I just wanted to say hi. I just bought my Packard last week. It's a 1949 Super 7 pas. limousine series 2276. I'm an old car nut and have wanted a Packard since my High school days. My dads first car was a 47 Clipper and I grew up hearing stories about it. I wish my dad could have lived to see me get my own Packard, but hopefully somewhere, he knows. I'm going to turn 50 this year and this was my present to myself. It came up on craigslist near me for $2500 bucks and I couldn't resist. It's a complete car but partially disassembled. The previous owner was going to "rod" it, but lost his job and couldn't keep it.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.29 KB)
89946_553bc71562701.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (26.83 KB)
89946_553bc729e58bc.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (32.04 KB)
89946_553bc7397b613.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2015/4/25 11:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Just saying hi
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Welcome to the fold. Looks like the start of a nice project. Lots of aficionados of the 22 and 23rd series on site so you will be well served if you have any questions. If you are into literature and want the complete story of the 48-50s the late Robert Neals book on the 22-23 series will most likely answer any questions other posters cannot.

Posted on: 2015/4/25 13:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Welcome aboard, look forward to watching the progress.

Posted on: 2015/4/25 13:29
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Kevin(kleroy),
to PackardInfo.

And I invite you to include your '48 Super Eight Limousine in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2015/4/25 17:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Kleroy

Welcome and Congratulations! And Happy 50th Birthday too! Buying yourself a Packard is a great way to celebrate. I'm sure your dad would be proud you are carrying on Packard ownership.

Glad to see that limousine now has an appreciative home, it has been included a few time in our "Various CL Pickings" thread for Craigslist posting of Packards for sale.

Best way to keep us apprised of your progress and post questions is to start a blog in the Project Blog section here. We look forward to watching your progress, remember to include photos. Fielding questions and finding answers later will be easier when you have a project blog to do so.

Again, welcome and congratulations. Packards and the people who collect and preserve them are a great group of folks. To help yourself further, please join one or both of the national Packard clubs as well as your local region. You'll meet many nice helpful people, make new friends and get access to resources and advice.

Steve

Posted on: 2015/4/26 14:38
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kevin,
for including your '49 Super Eight Limousine in the Registry.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 0:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved