Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
46 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 43

Todd W. White, Don B, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

1923 Packard
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ken Partney
See User information
Hello, I am new to the Packard hobby. I recently acquired a 1923 touring sedan and would appreciate being hooked with members in that vintage that could help keep me pointed in the right direction. It was a true barn find. This car is so original and in such good condition and i want to keep it that way. It is only missing the clock, horn, & pull down shades. I am near Ventura,Ca. and can be contacted at kenpartney@sbcglobal.net. Thanks, HAPPY MOTORING. Ken

Posted on: 2015/5/9 17:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 1923 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Ken

Welcome and Congratulations on become a Packard owner! You'll find the most knowledgeable, helpful, enthusiastic group of Packard folks here ready to answer your every question.

To further assist in your preservation of your 1923 Six, please join one or both national Packard clubs whose website links are in the Directory plus your local region. It will open a world of resources and networks of friendly, knowledgeable folks you'll soon come to call friend, one of the best benefits of club membership. Plus both Packard clubs have active, civil Forums for further exploration of problems.

Again welcome, please post photos of your new acquisition when you have a chance.

Steve

P.S. You'll soon be ask by the man from OZ to list your Six in the Owner Registry.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 18:13
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Ken Partney,
to PackardInfo.

I'm the guy who Steve warned alerted you to who'll " ask by the man from OZ to list your Six in the Owner Registry".

So here goes, I invite you to enter your '23 Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 18:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Is it a Six or an Eight?

Posted on: 2015/5/9 19:23
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ken Partney
See User information
Hello again, I appreciate all the responses I received. I am not sure just what model this one is. I called it a touring sedan but that may not be correct. It is a 4 door sedan, unlike all the pictures I have found this one has solid steel wheels, duel side mounts and extended rear bumper with the rack to receive the trunk, it is the six. The body number is 283 10517,,,the vin number is U117443E. I hope someone can make sense of all that. I sure would like to know just what I have. The engine turns free but I haven't fired it up yet, Expect to give out a big yell when it does.Thanks for your help, Ken

Posted on: 2015/5/9 20:38
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ken Partney
See User information
I went to regester my car with the man from OZ but my body number starts out with 283, that wasn't one of the choices????? It may not matter.

Posted on: 2015/5/9 20:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Ken,
for trying to register your Packard. However it might be better to wait until there's a positive identification available, then do it. DavidM is very knowledgeable about Packards of this era so if you have any more numbers that'd help him in identifying it could you please advise them? And/or pictures would be also be a real help.

Posted on: 2015/5/10 1:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
If the number "U117443E" is on the plate on the firewall, there are two other numbers that you need to check: the engine number near the top of the RHS front engine mount and the chassis number which is on the top of the chassis near the firewall. They should all be fairly close to the above number and if so the car is a Fourth Series model or nominally a 1927 model The Fourth Series cars have engine numbers in the range 950007 to 120407.
This is confirmed by the body number "283" which is a 426 five passenger sedan.
"4" = Fourth Series or 1927
"26" = 126" wheelbase.
Lets see some photos.

Posted on: 2015/5/10 3:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Correction, the engine and chassis numbers are on the LHS - sorry must have had a seniors moment

Posted on: 2015/5/10 4:40
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

28Pack526
See User information
Welcome Ken! It'll be great to have another late twenties car owner on the forum! I own an early production 526 sedan made in 1927, so our cars are likely very similar. There are several fourth and fifth series owners active on this and the other forum, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Posted on: 2015/5/10 10:19
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved