Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
82 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 80

DJP-37-120, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rough running 1937 115-c
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
My Packard 6 idles smooth but when I rev it up a little I have some type of ship/ shake!!. I removed the belt on the harmonic balancer and put a hand on it and it feels ok ?. compreshion is 120+- and holds, plugs are white/brown, oil pressure 30-35, ten good. Could this be the balancer? I could use some help on this . Thanks. Dave

Posted on: 2015/5/18 18:58
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Re: Rough running 1937 115-c
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
How are the engine mounts? Is the front engine mount sagging? Are the rear mounts (on the transmission) de-vulcanized? I could see where the torque of the motor could cause it to move in its mounts if the rubber is worn out. Let us know what you find.

More likely than the vibration dampener is a problem with fuel or ignition. (For example, perhaps you have a clog in your main jet- how recently was the carb serviced?) Or, is the spark weak? (burnt points, worn cap or rotor, etc.)

When was the last time it ran smoothly?

Keep us posted.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 20:46
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved