Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 85

happy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

E15 and E85 Fuels are Here
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Here is a link to a Fox News interview about the damages E15 and E85 fuels can do to fuel systems. We have all been aware of this, but here it is in prime time.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceW9Nc1hVHU?feature=player_detailpage

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/5/21 12:40
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: E15 and E85 Fuels are Here
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I'm surprised automakers aren't pushing for E100. That would make their motors blow up and everybody would have to buy a new car. As it stands you can feed children with corn products and we have plenty of children in this country who are constantly without a decent meal. So I guess the EPA hates children. I could give a reason but it wouldn't be politically correct.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 15:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
I had a chainsaw engine seize (new saw) despite having correct fuel: oil ratio. The dealer said under no circumstances use E10 in it as quite a few people had the same problem. He reckoned the E10 reacted with the 2-stroke oil and caused a loss of lubrication quality. Fortunately you can still get E10-free gas here but - yep! - it's generally more expensive.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 18:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What brand and model of chain saw??? Approximately what year was the chain saw manufactured??

Posted on: 2015/5/21 20:36
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THe Fox analyst missed the point and glossed over it very fast.
LISTEN CLOSE at the 2 minute mark of the video:
The ethanol is mixxed with the gasoline AT THE PUMP which is at the gas station.

So what is happening is that the mixxing process is UNreliable to the extent that one mite get anywhere from a 15% mix al the way to maybe 100% Ethanol.

REMEBER, depending on a dealer or dealer equipment is about as reliable as the squirt of a grape fruit.

OTherwise, The 15% (IF ACTUAL 15%) ethanol would make little to no difference relative to 10%. I mean WTF, it's only another 5%.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 20:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved