Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

Gary Kulp, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Antenna hole filler
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Thunderbolt
See User information
Is there a part available to cover the antenna hole on the front fender?

Posted on: 2015/5/29 10:27
 Top  Print   

Re: Antenna hole filler
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't believe there is anything other than installing an antenna. The antennas came with a paper template to place over the fender with location instructions for the installer to drill a specific size hole in the fender. Size and placement of hole depended on the antenna being installed so doubt any non radio equipped cars came from the factory with a hole in the fender that would need a cover.

That being said, if you want an absolutely smooth fender which would have to be done by body work instead of an antenna, you might be able to make a fairly decent looking dummy cover by using the grommet & bakelite piece. Finish it off with some kind of bolt arrangement having a decorative chrome top or plug -- or maybe just the grommet and fabricate a flat but contoured piece to fit the recess in the grommet.

The bakelite and grommet are in repro. Steele has the rubber and Yesterdays Radio has the black bakelite piece.

Posted on: 2015/5/29 10:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Ebay has these come up from time to time-I purchased the fender mount from yesterday radio-used the 48-50 which is close.

Posted on: 2015/5/29 19:17
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Thunderbolt
See User information
I see. Looks like mine is here to stay. I got a car cover for it but it has no provision for the antenna. It comes with an antenna sock but I will have to find someone to see it in.

Posted on: 2015/5/31 18:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved