Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Delco signal seeker radio
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

BrianG
See User information
Hello to all!!
Just wanting to know a little info. Now that I have my '54 patty on the road, I am doing odds and ends with the old girl. I pulled the radio from the dash. Opened up the vibrator to clean it up, and reinstalled. I can get it to come on and play a little, but would like to know who you suggest to sent it to for a little tlc. Also, what kind of shocks would you recommend. Thanks, Brian.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 17:02
 Top  Print 

Re: Delco signal seeker radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Hi BrianG........
There's no such thing as "a little TLC" when it comes to that radio. I have a 51 and a 53 Packard both with power radio antennas and the Delco signal seeking radios. I live in Vancouver WA and I see you are in the East so my recommendations for radio fixes are local in WA. However others have sent their radios to repair facilities found in Hemmings motor news, and probably in a little while someone will give you what you seek for radio repairs nearer your home. But, a good guess is $350 to $500 dollars. Also, concerning the shocks, there are cross reference charts on this forum with years of vehicles and front/rear shocks made by different suppliers that will fit your car. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Steve

EDIT:http://www.nostalgiasounds.com/

Iv'e added the radio repair business near Vancouver, WA. He did a great job with the rebuild of my 55 Dodge radio and reconing the speaker. Takes CC's for payment and needed 3 to 4 weeks turn around time.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 17:30
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Re: Delco signal seeker radio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe there was a post confirming Harold Rushing has retired and in that post Harold had recommended Bob's Radio in Calif.http://www.bobsradio.com A long way from the east coast but then so was Harold from the west coast.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 17:58
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved