Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Factory AC in 1940-42
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Arunava,
to PackardInfo. Yes, tell us more about your fathers car and if you could, please post a pic? And if by chance you own a Packard could you please include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/7/2 16:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Arunava Mukerji
See User information
Dear Friends,

I am uploading one photograph of our Packard car taken by me in 1957 when I was just a young boy . The car is right hand drive (made to suit Indian regulations )and is standing majestically in the portico of our house in calcutta .I am also uploading one picture showing components of the factory fitted air conditioner .It will be observed that the cooling coils were in the luggage boot and the cold air entry was from the back thru a duct near the rear glass.

The car was way ahead of other contemporary cars in many ways .It had steering gear instead of floor mounted stick shift gears as was customary in other contemporary cars . It had cigarette lighter , 2 speed wipers , coil spring suspension at the front and very wide wheel base . The ride was very smooth and even at 70 miles per hour the car was rock steady . My father would sometimes drive the car in top gear at less than 5 miles per hour to show me how the car was moving without knocking or vibration .

Attach file:

jpg  (63.55 KB)
2841_4c34309c0703a.jpg 777X755 px

Posted on: 2010/7/7 2:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Arunava,

Thankyou very much for the photo of your fathers '41 110. Your account of the '41's capabilities and its features are also appreciated, just shows what a leader Packard was in it's day.

Posted on: 2010/7/7 6:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Arunava Mukerji
See User information
Dear Friends,

Thank you for appreciating my father's Packard car . My father was an eminent electrical engineer who started his career by joining a british company dealing in electrical and scientific instruments . He eventually became Governing Director of the company and took it to new heights .

Posted on: 2010/7/7 8:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Arunava
I'm wondering if your father's car may still exist. I remember seeing photos from a car show in India and one of the photos was of a 1941 110 Packard with air conditioning. I don't remember the web site where I saw the photos, as it was a year or two when I saw them.
1940 was the first year for air conditioning, but perhaps 1941 was the first to offer in the 110 series????

Posted on: 2010/7/7 8:20
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Arunava Mukerji
See User information
Dear West,

I donot have any idea about the whereabouts of our Packard car now, but I did see it in a motor show in Bombay with a different license plate on TV . So as far as I can guess the car is lying with some collector in Bombay .

Posted on: 2010/7/9 4:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Arunava and West,

Pic of an Indian '41 110 Sedan with A/C (ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - PIC from the TEAM-BHP,COM Website).

Could well be Arunava's fathers Packard, as there probably wouldn't have been too many imported into India.

And here's a link to that websites Packards in India thread. The pic I copied is about halfway down the first page of the 11 pages of the thread. Haven't read and digested each post yet but there are lots of interesting Packard pic's there.

Attach file:

jpg  (52.31 KB)
226_4c36f632186ce.jpg 802X548 px

Posted on: 2010/7/9 5:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Arunava Mukerji
See User information
Ozstatman,

There were only two '41 110 airconditioned packard cars in India as I was told by my father . One was in Calcutta and the other was in Delhi , possibly belonging to President of Kuljian Corporation (An american company in India) as far as my knowledge goes . So the car shown in your message may or may not be our car . The chance is 50/50 .From the license plate it seems the car is now registered in Rajasthan .However I am inclined to believe that this is the car my father owned .

Posted on: 2010/7/9 7:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved