Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
63 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 61

DM37, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: !956 Power window electric motor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Hello all, My 56 patrician 5682-3749 has an XJ6 Jaguar window winder motor fitted. I did not fit the item but the previous owner advised that it was relatively simple and inexpensive. he said not to bother with a new motor and that a Second -hand motor was about $30. he said that there is some redrilling to attach the XJ6 motor. There is also a slight electrical issue with regard to how the Packard switch operates compared to the Jaguar operating switch, apparently to do with Fast and Slow operation. Mine works fine.
Best regards. Peter Toet

Attach file:

jpg  (62.60 KB)
154_5718680995fbe.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2016/4/21 0:41
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I thought I had remembered your mentioning a Jaguar motor as a possibility when this discussion came up before. I don't suppose the former owner is still around to narrow down or remember a year is he? XJ6 seems to cover a long stretch of models and looking at the selection of motors that comes up at Amazon there are several variations used over the years.

One thing I see right off is price -- even for used -- is up there. Didn't see anything close to $30 or even in the range of the Dorman motor so that repair must have been a while ago. Of course Amazon is just one source but so far price seems on par with the used Packard item and it would appear to still need relays or a mount of some kind.

Still trying to get blueprints of the pinion gear to see if a professionally made adapter is a possibility. Two prints arrived yesterday and neither had the pinion detail we are looking for. A notation said the pinion was part of another number so Bruce emailed information from that print and now it appears the detail may be in another number. Most frustrating.

Posted on: 2016/4/21 9:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
I shall try to post a pic of the Spare XJ6 motor that I have. It is Labelled ITT 402.610 12V
underneath is 367 Made in Germany The motor has an inking of 081 on the gearbox casting.

Posted on: 2016/4/21 16:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Hope to remove 56 Patrician door panel this weekend to identify and take pics of set-up with XJ6 window motor. Apparently Series 1 XJ6 and Mk 10 Jags used Delco motors. Hope to report in on Tuesday. I spoke to Wade Hawker about the set-up and he said that he installed a few relays to use the Packard switch with the Jag electric window switch block and motor. He did not see the actual motor used so I need to check that it is the same as the spare that I have. PT.

Posted on: 2016/4/22 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm at my Oregon shop now and today took down the motors to look at them after following this thread closely. I was surprised to see that one pair appears to use the same motor while the other pair has one similar and one totally different. Fitment is identical so some must have been early replacements but does anyone know which are original and which are replacements?

Attach file:

jpg  (77.32 KB)
60923_572461199f4f1.jpg 800X598 px

jpg  (82.95 KB)
60923_57246131926af.jpg 800X598 px

Posted on: 2016/4/30 2:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've seen both used sort of interchangeably. IIRC, the all zinc has Delco stamped on. Don't remember ever looking at the other. The only true replacement motor I remember reading about was the Stude supplied motor. Think it was mfg by Leece-Neville or something like that and don't think I have ever seen one. It needed an extra circuit breaker installed in the door along with the new motor.

Those appear to be the quarter window regulators that I think put such a strain on the motor. It has to lift and pivot the heavy quarter piece up with that linkage arrangement in addition to trying to force it thru the felt channel a good part of the way. Have thought about trying to figure how to install an extra spring somewhere on the linkage to help that little spring they included on the regulator.

Posted on: 2016/4/30 9:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I had wondered about the one pair looking like quarter window lifts as they supposedly came from an Executive sedan rather thean a hardtop. I also got the three door switches, along with the power seat mechanism with them but not the driver's master, nor any hardware that might be needed to install them

Posted on: 2016/4/30 10:55
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved