Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

356 oil leak
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
I have replaced the oil pan gasket on my 2106 for the second time and I still have a leak that shows up on the right side of the engine along the length of the pan.

During the last gasket install I took great pains to make sure the pan lip holes were flattened. I made wooden jig to pull the holes flat, straight and uniform. I took care not to over tighten the bolts and used a judicious amount of rtv on the engine side and permatex on the pan side.

Valve cover gaskets are dry and oil pump gaskets seem OK as well.

It seems to me that the amount of oil and its general drip pattern is pretty much the same as it was before my last oil pan gasket job.

So, my thoughts turn to the front oil seal. I am wondering if a failing seal would necessarily put oil to the right side of the engine? Other comments or suggestions (besides taking a pill and letting it leak)?

Thanks guys.
Mark

Posted on: 2015/7/23 15:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved