Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Anyone familiar with The Guild of Automotive Restorers?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
I stumbled upon yet another reality TV show dealing with auto restoration, this one called "Restoration Garage." The show is based out of The Guild of Automotive Restorers business.

I have yet to see a Packard featured, but they do appear to deal more in line with restoring vehicles to their original state.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2015/7/23 20:53
 Top  Print 

Re: Anyone familiar with The Guild of Automotive Restorers?
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I watch it too. It is a Canadian program. Seems to be more civilized than the others. I liked the segment where they did a James Hunt Mini tribute and another one where a former royal family car, a Humbler, was featured. They seem to have a good variety of modern and vintage.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/7/24 13:08
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
"Civilized" is a good way to term the content and presentation. I particularly enjoyed the segment in which they built from scratch a 1937 Bugatti. It was horribly embarrassing for the guys when the car won some prestigious prize at a high-profile car show, then the car wouldn't start! The new battery had gone dead for some inexplicable reason. After jumping-off the car, the red-faced Guild of Automotive Restorer staff member, drove an obviously irked owner to the judge's stand to collect his prize.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2015/7/24 15:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
"Civilized" is a good way to term the content and presentation. I particularly enjoyed the segment in which they built from scratch a 1937 Bugatti. It was horribly embarrassing for the guys when the car won some prestigious prize at a high-profile car show, then the car wouldn't start! The new battery had gone dead for some inexplicable reason. After jumping-off the car, the red-faced Guild of Automotive Restorer staff member, drove an obviously irked owner to the judge's stand to collect his prize.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2015/7/24 15:33
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved