Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 49 Golden anniversary cars
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
If I understand right the "9" right after the 2272 means you have 1949 22nd series Packard.

Posted on: 2015/7/30 7:52
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Packard 0 is on-target, 2272-9 indicates a 22nd Series 1949 Super Eight touring sedan. The correct engine would be a 327 cubic inch. Only the Custom 8 would be considered a "senior". No, it is not a Golden Anniversary model, that designation applies to the 1949 23rd series cars. The "G" prefix to the motor number also indicates a 22nd series car, the prefix would be "H" for the 23rd series. Motor # in the 4XXXXX series indicates a Super Eight (327) motor.

Posted on: 2015/7/30 8:00
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And with it having an R9 OD, assuming that is original, I would wonder if it is one of the earlier production 22nd series which remained unsold and had been renumbered as a 49.

Posted on: 2015/7/30 8:20
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I was wondering about that too. But according to the late Robert Neal's book, the 2272 wasn't one of the models renumbered.

Posted on: 2015/7/30 8:24
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved