Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

SMS auto upholstery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
I have ordered upholstery materials for my car approx TWO MONTHS ago and have not received any information as to when they are coming. Has anyone else out there had problems with SMS?

Posted on: 2015/7/29 18:54
 Top  Print 

Re: SMS auto upholstery
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've ordered from them 2-3 times but it was something they had in stock so it came relatively quickly -- although a gripe I have is the order of 20 yards of wool broadcloth from last year was not packaged all that well. Be prepared for that contingency.

If it is something special like the reproduction door panels they make or one of the original pattern fabrics and they have to reproduce it, that can take quite some time. I haven't dealt with them on anything like that but believe there are some posts on site where a year or two before delivery has been mentioned.

Posted on: 2015/7/29 19:03
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
fortunately its just seat materials; 5 yards cloth and 2 yards vinyl.

Posted on: 2015/7/29 19:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Might be worth a call just to verify the status in case it did have to be manufactured or worse, was shipped and lost.

Posted on: 2015/7/29 19:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"...one of the original pattern fabrics and they have to reproduce it, that can take quite some time. I haven't dealt with them on anything like that but believe there are some posts on site where a year or two before delivery has been mentioned."

As in post #6 in this thread!

Posted on: 2015/7/30 0:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
well I finally was able to get a hold of a living breathing person who stated they are waiting for a new shipment of material; and when they get it I will receive it.

Posted on: 2015/7/31 15:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
SMS was spot on with trim 84 on my '55.

Posted on: 2015/7/31 16:33
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

M. Heinzen
See User information
I've made very good experiences. Delivery in December 2014 was quick and fast, about 2 weeks, i'm living in switzerland. I've orderd upholstery material with Trim Code 86....

Posted on: 2015/8/10 5:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My own single experience with SMS was, in a few words, marginally acceptable but no more. It was for the woven brocade cloth on the non-leather side of 56 Caribbean seats. I understand the need to wait until enough orders accumulate to make a run worthwhile, but the entire process was wrought with non-returned phone calls, false delivery information, one delivery with the incorrect material, etc. They really didn't understand the meaning of "customer service" and from what I hear, they still don't.

I'd source from SMS what I had no other choices to select from, but for leathers, vinyls, and all manner of wool broadcloths and Bedford cords, they are plenty of other sources with as good or better products that are far more pleasant and reliable to deal with.

Posted on: 2015/8/10 11:28
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I ordered the green cloth for my 56 400 after several "knowledgeable" PAC members told me it was not available.
They also grained both colors of leather (green,white) for me.
They were prompt but expensive.

Posted on: 2015/8/10 12:17
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved