Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
there was a made for t.v. movie done by goldie hawn a few years ago, i don't remember the name. however it has a jr series henny ambulace in it. also there was a scene that was cut from the movie, which had my aunt and uncle's 51 henny herse in it. will have to see if uncle can remember the name of the movie.

And why my memeory is so bad tonight i don't know. but there was another one. for some reason i want to think it was a scene in pulp fiction. it has a group of "old" dons and gangsters sitting around a table discussing how to deal with the "new blood" in the back ground is a 20's or early 30's era packard. the only thing else i can remember about the movie off the top of my head is: at the end of the scene, the main "don" realizes the cat he has been petting is dead! he holds it up and it's as stiff as a board! and he says " this cat is dead! get me a new cat!"

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
one of grandfather's was in born on the 4th of july.

Roger rabbit......jessica rabbit drives it.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:55
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
1946 movie The Big Sleep with Bogie and Bacall. Two scenes with a 1936 senior sedan. First one speeding away from a murder scene. Next being fished out of the water after driver "drove it" off the pier.

Another is Out of the Past with Robert Mitchum. There's a 41-42 Clipper that the bad guys are driving.

Last one tonight: TV mini series The Last Convertible. I think on ABC around 1980/81. College kids driving around in a 1938 senior four door convertible on the eve of WWII. Can't remember if it was a Twelve or Super 8.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 20:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
My favorite movie (for the Packard, not the plot, although the plot isn't horrible) is the film "Don't Come Knocking" put out in 2006. You can still find it in clearance bins. Why is it my favorite? The star of the film (in my opinion) putting in extensive appearances is a green 1953 Clipper that looks like my car, but is in better shape. Why do you think I like it???
Ken Dunning
kens53clip

Posted on: 2009/6/18 21:02
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
There is a bit of stock footage ,a '55 Clipper sedan was seen. The movie is the awful"Plan9 from Outer Space".

Posted on: 2009/6/18 21:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Does anyone remember the TV series with Dick Vandyke as a detective being driven around in a Packard?
My memory is verrrrry poor but it seems like it was a mid to late 30s car.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 21:40
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I tried IMDb and could find nothing. Are you sure you are not confusing him with George Peppard who played a detective and drove around in a late 30's or early 40's Packard convertible.

Posted on: 2009/6/22 15:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The Peppard series used two 1941 beige/yellow Darrins, one a real one (the one that always had a cloud of blue smoke behind it) and another which had a modern chassis under a replica body. The real one was used for the closeups. That was the series with "Mr. T", can't remember the series name either.

Posted on: 2009/6/22 17:07
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
The NBC series was Banacek. Another movie in which a Packard was seen:
The Devil and Miss Jones, RKO (1940). The stars were Jean Arthur and Charles Coburn.

Posted on: 2009/6/22 17:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
there was a 1955 or 56 Packard in the background of "hairspray" that year or so old movie with John Travolta dressed up as a fat woman. My sister was watching it a few months ago, and i happened to be walking through when it came on the screen.

of course after pointing it out, i had to suffer the obligatory "your such a gearhead"!

I dont remember what model or year it was, as it was several months ago. I think it was yellow.

Posted on: 2009/6/22 19:50
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved