Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Unrealistic prices?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I really like the 54 Pacific, always have. Is it just me or is this an unrealistic price? I know what a full high end restoration cost but I also know the current market. Heck the convertibles aren't even selling for those prices. I wonder if cars like this ever actually sale and for what price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Packard-Pacific-/221842820807?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33a6dccec7&item=221842820807

Posted on: 2015/8/3 7:57
 Top  Print 

Re: Unrealistic prices?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
You can ask what you want but getting it is a whole different story. You see certain cars advertised for years sometimes but eventually they get tired of it and take a realistic price, but when that is will be different for every seller of course. Sometimes all it takes is waving a stack of $100 bills in front of the seller.

Posted on: 2015/8/3 8:07
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Price Guides are just that and nothing more, and we don't really have a lot in the way of specifics about the condition of this vehicle. With that in mind, Hagerty's latest price guide shows the following for the top condition:

1954 Pacific - $25,600
1954 Convertible - $59,200
1954 Caribbean - $123,000

Posted on: 2015/8/3 8:32
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
And the NADA guidehttp://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1954/Packard/Pacific/2-Door-Hardtop-Coupe/Values
says it is worth $27,900 or $30,200 if it had A/C.

The is a very handsome and well presented car, but I don't understand the out-sized, bowling-style trophies.

Posted on: 2015/8/3 10:22
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Wait awhile, one that's an exact twin to this '54 Pacific setting unused and hidden in a collection here in western New York. Sooner or later (likely sooner given the owner's age) the whole works will be up for estate auction. It will be one fine Packard when it become available again.

Steve

Posted on: 2015/8/3 18:05
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
There is a 54 Pacific for sale on the PAC website. How does it compare to the one on ebay?

Posted on: 2015/8/3 22:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Asking price seems high to me...but then I default to what a new car costs these days. You could blow that much money on a new Hyundai pretty easily. Have you always liked a new Hyundai?

Posted on: 2015/8/4 1:34
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved