Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 85

DJP-37-120, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Smart Signals
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Has anyone had any experience with Smart Signals, they are amber LED wireless signals that are magnetic and have a controller to activate left or right turn signals. People today don't recognize hand signals when I'm driving my 37 . Even though my 41 has what I think are adequate size tail lights , people still do not see them. I can't say how many times that I have come close to being rear ended when I stop to turn. I don't really want to add signals but it's now become a safety issue with so many incompetent drivers on the roadways today. I'm looking for wireless, as I do not want to tap into the electrical system. Smart Signals brand look pretty neat although quite pricey at over $300.00.

Posted on: 2015/8/9 22:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Smart Signals
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Whenever I use hand signals I always use motion to attract attention, but I agree that bright turn signals are safer.

The radio controlled units sound great because that will stop the reason for those 120 accessory lights being slapped on senior cars. I hate those things because they are something you see in a minority neighborhood. They are ugly and they destroy the fenders.

Posted on: 2015/8/10 15:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Tim, I have called twice and emailed twice Smart Signals and they are unresponsive. Not sure if they are out of business or what. They have a really nice unit but can't find a contact person to purchase.

Posted on: 2015/8/10 15:49
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Gleason
See User information
There is a thread about them on the aaca forum <http://forums.aaca.org/topic/240810-smart-signal-magnetic-wireless-turn-signals/>

It would appear that they are no longer in business.

Bob

Posted on: 2015/8/10 16:21
1937 Packard Six 115-C Touring Sedan
Built in Windsor, ON Canada
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
I dialed 1-800-231-9685 and there is a voice mail with prompts that transfers me to customer service, then it goes to voice mail that states they will return your call. The AACA link was bad so I could not read the post on their forum.

Posted on: 2015/8/10 16:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
The link just now opened, just love computers !!!!! Thank you

Posted on: 2015/8/10 16:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Never heard back from Smart Signals so I guess they must be out of business. I would love to find a setup like they had that could easily be moved between cars. If anyone on this forum ever comes across a similar system I would appreciate hearing from you. The single unit with a right and left arrow just seems too small to get peoples attention. Thank you to all of you that have responded to this topic.

Posted on: 2015/8/17 14:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved