Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Gee, this is nice!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2015/8/19 14:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Re: Gee, this is nice!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

28Pack526
See User information
Gorgeous! And to think I recently called into question the value of pre-war sedans...

Posted on: 2015/8/19 15:59
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Breathtaking Packard with an equally breathtaking selling price!

Posted on: 2015/8/19 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I love the crooked bumper. That sort of thing was a Packard trademark and I used to get bullied a lot about those kind of things when I left them the way they were built. I told them "Let someone else butcher it."

It's not a 100 point car though. It's missing the striping. A good lead based paint from China would stick to the belt molding and the fender beads and lower body should have a double stripe.

The wheels are great and you can't fault the original hood ornament nor the dash panel plate although the graining looks a little dark. I'm pretty certain that's the original hood ornament.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 17:06
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Great Packard indeed! A near twin to the "Car of the Dome" that some of us were fortunate to see at the 1999 Burn Foundation Concours (at Lehigh Univ) and at the Packard Centennial. There was an extensive article on the '34 with some nice photography in the December 2010 issue of the British (or is it Australian) magazine "Classic and Sport Car", this was at the time Bob Bahre owned it. If a few of you are interested I could run off some color copies and mail to you. PM if interested.

Not sure I agree with Tim about the striping, I'm sure Dietrich would have gladly omitted it if the buyer so wished.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 17:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

What a stunningly gorgeous design those Dietrich Sport Sedans are! I do recall seeing it in the 1990's at Hershey when it was a light chartreuse yellow-green. Couldn't believe an individual with the taste and intelligence to have such a wonderful Packard restored would finish it in such a hideous choice. Happily, that's been corrected.

I don't know where I found period photos of it, but here's two when it was in the hands of its original owner Tom Lyle Williams.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (37.84 KB)
409_55d50bcd983e7.jpg 620X334 px

jpg  (32.88 KB)
409_55d50bf1b0ce2.jpg 500X325 px

Posted on: 2015/8/19 18:08
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Great Packard indeed! A near twin to the "Car of the Dome" that some of us were fortunate to see at the 1999 Burn Foundation Concours (at Lehigh Univ) and at the Packard Centennial. There was an extensive article on the '34 with some nice photography in the December 2010 issue of the British (or is it Australian) magazine "Classic and Sport Car", this was at the time Bob Bahre owned it. If a few of you are interested I could run off some color copies and mail to you. PM if interested.

Not sure I agree with Tim about the striping, I'm sure Dietrich would have gladly omitted it if the buyer so wished.

Fortunate to see the "Car of the Dome" at the 1999 Pebble Beach Concour d'Elegance. Packard was the featured marque, and it was highly publicized. I have an event t-shirt with it featured. Absolutely beautiful.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/8/19 21:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Steve, thanks for posting those - not seen them before!

Posted on: 2015/8/19 22:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Owen

You're welcome, here's two more, though one is terrible quality. Clearly Mr. Williams was very proud to own such a special Packard, as well he should have been. Looking just dapper, he is the very picture of early '30's elegant menswear. The cosmetics business was extremely good to him and his family.

Nitpicking, but for my taste, they should have returned it to its original configuration without the sidemounts......but could forget about the chromed hood doors.......still.....I could easily live with it!

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (38.07 KB)
409_55d5bce0abf59.jpg 400X509 px

jpg  (68.31 KB)
409_55d5bcf872583.jpg 499X787 px

Posted on: 2015/8/20 6:42
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Also in the old pictures it has a chromed radiator shell, and now it's painted.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 8:45
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved