Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1929 633 Roadster
Just popping in
Just popping in

QUIGLEY
See User information
I am in need of historical data on my 633 Roadster. We want to have it judged at Amelia Island in the spring, but iI need some history. Does anyone know where I could get information on it's original dealer, ownership and subsequent chronology?

Posted on: 2015/8/27 15:02
 Top  Print   

Re: 1929 633 Roadster
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Unfortunately, unless it's a very high value car that's been on the high-end show circuit for decades, or once owned by a famous personality, or it's got one-off custom coachwork, it's just plain old hard detective work with lots of dead ends. Start with the last owner and work you way back to prior owners is about all I can recommend other than contacting The Packard Club's roster keeper to see if he has any prior info - of course he'll need the vehicle number.

There is a Packard historian I know well who has tried to keep track of prewar senior Packards and has some history on many of them. If you want to send me a PM with the vehicle number I'll make an inquiry for you. But as with a large majority of prewar (and even postwar) Packards, be prepared to come up with very little if anything unless your exceptionally fortunate.

Posted on: 2015/8/27 15:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I think it best to get back in contact with the Amelia Concours official and find out exactly what type of information they're seeking. Do they need specific history on your exact vehicle before they'll accept it??? OR do they need general history of that model so that they have something to write on the placard that gets placed in front of the car?

The history of many of the cars accepted at Amelia is not known, so I suspect the latter.

Posted on: 2015/8/27 21:18
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day QUIGLEY,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '29 633 Roadster, and it doesn't need historical information to be included, in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2015/8/27 22:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
QUIGLEY for including your '29 633 Roadster in the Registry. looks good!

Posted on: 2015/8/28 16:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved