Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

FRAM C134-PL Filter Design Change
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DrewLA
See User information
Having purchased several FRAM C134-PL filters for my car in the past, I didn't even consider buying any other filter for my car when I placed my most recent order.

Unfortunately, FRAM has changed the design of the filter and has apparently stopped including the big rubber gasket that seals the top of the filter canister.

Thinking it was a mistake, I ordered another one from another supplier, complained to my usual online parts vendor and they sent me two more, and not one of the five boxes included the rubber gasket.

Just an FYI to those who've previously been fans of the FRAM filters, the other options in a WIX or Purolator might be better choices as the gaskets are next to impossible to find separately.

It's a shame because I had come to like the fact that the FRAM filters have rubber washers on both ends that seem like they'd seal better than the WIX...

Attach file:

jpg  (151.86 KB)
4580_55dfb8808d766.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/8/27 20:25
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved