Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 105

DM37, 54packpac, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Packard Proving Grounds Open House
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
Owen,

I have not forgotten about getting you the transmission serial number off of my car. I need to get it up on a lift and as soon as I can make that happen I will forward that number to you. I am very interested in helping fill out your spreadsheet.

Also, I make it a point to make a donation to the Proving Grounds each year when I renew my PAC membership. Like others on this forum, I have not yet been able to visit the site or attend any events but it is certainly a piece of automotive history that should be preserved.

Best Regards,
Robert.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 8:21
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Bob, that's great that your making donations to the Proving Grounds, it's just our last good chance to save a bit of Packard and hopefully some of the other regulars on this site will begin doing the same, every little bit, even $5 and %10, will help. I likewise have not visited the site yet though I do get their newsletter, each time I learn of one of their open houses or events, it seems the event is already passed; I would have flown out for the one just passed had I known in time. I guess I need to get tuned it a bit better to their happenings.

And thanks for remembering about that transmission number, I don't think I've collected any more data since we last spoke on the subject, though I remain hopeful that more will be forthcoming. Another 56 convertible has landed here in NJ for restoration and I should be able to get some new data from the owner (Joe Grossi).

Posted on: 2008/10/21 8:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The crest on my trunk lock has a very light gold plating on the top. It was an NOS part I picked up at Carlisle. I have all three of the hood crests. The gold-top looks the best IMO. The anodized one I have is NOS and not a gold top, and I don't like the looks of it - got it off ebay as a curiosity.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 11:28
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Owen, My PAC membership is coming due in December so I will make a donation then. I go through Detroit occasionally when I pass through to visit family in Windsor, Ontario so I may get a chance to visit the PPG someday although being a "hick" absolutely hate driving in big cities.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 11:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I'm a hick also. Absolutely hate city driving. However, the proving grounds are in what I would consider a suburb. Traffic is much lighter there. Make the trip, you'll love it.
I did.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 18:27
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved