Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 139

DavidM, 39Rollson, Plugs1, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Lower support arm inner bushings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I'm getting ready to replace the inner bushings on the lower support arm in my 38. The shop manual says to align the flat top of the bushing with a special dummy bolt in the hole in the opposite end of the arm. The dummy bolt has a flat portion on it and from a picture it looks like the flat spot is just half the diameter of the bolt. Can anybody confirm that the proper angular alignment is to the centerline of the of the open end? I tried to scan a picture from my shop manual but I can't seem to get my scanner to work.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 8:26
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print 

Re: Lower support arm inner bushings
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I need to do the same with my '41. It's very difficult to tell from the illustration if the 'dummy bolt' is cut on the centerline or a bit more. Maybe someone actually has an S.T. 5102 dummy bolt and can let us know. Barring any additional information, I'm going with the assumption that the cut is slightly more than centerline.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 9:11
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved