Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1949 23rd Series Interior
Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
The car is finally being painted! So now, at this point, we are looking to get interior things ready. It is a 1949 Deluxe 8 from the 23rd series. The interior is trim code 69, which is tan striped wool broadcloth. We are in need of a new headliner, windlace, carpet, and the material for the back of the front bench seat. I have been able to find all the materials except the fabric for the bench seat. How can I have this redone? I have no idea where to get the material from, either. The car is also in need of the large rubber mat that was in the front of the interior. If anyone has any knowledge of where I can get these materials, please let me know! I have been searching for a long time and haven't found what I need. Thank you!

Posted on: 2015/9/19 13:06
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Re: 1949 23rd Series Interior
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't know who you've tried thus far. There was a time not so far back when both Bill Hirsch & LeBaron Bonney had a rather extensive assortment of pinstripe wool broadcloth as well a solid color broacloths as used on the back of the front seat. I bought a very lovely English tan wool pinstripe from Bill a while back, an equivalent to the original US-made Laidlaw 1406 fabric. Kanter has headliner kits, you'd have inquire about available materials and colors.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 13:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As far as the rubber mat here is a thread where another 23rd owner had one made. You might possibly be able to get information from the poster and see if he or the same shop still has the patterns and can make another.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=148501#forumpost148501

Posted on: 2015/9/19 14:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
1 If you have some seat back material you can match. Take from the inside or seams where not faded.
2 You can contact the PAC roster keeper for those years.
3 I think there's a list on here of the trim codes and what they were. But it doesn't cover everything. I extensively searched and was unable to find a cross reference anywhere, to vendors materials, etc. even the museums, so don't bother with that search.
4 Perhaps a custom restorer shop may know or think they know but they usually want your business. LeBaron Bonney specializes in NOS GM, but some were the same. I could not match with them. They do make interiors.
5 I had alot of luck finding correct from "SMS Auto fabric" and some others.
6 Sam was in the process of making some front rubber for a few cars this summer, but don't know where he stands on that.
I'm going a bit custom, so I just bought some logo mats that can be stitched into regular auto carpet.

It's just one of those things that isn't well documented in this era or lost, but I still believe the info exists but it's not retrivable at present.

Posted on: 2015/9/22 15:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Thanks for all the help! I'll keep searching for everything and hopefully this interior will look good as new!

Posted on: 2015/9/24 13:50
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Be happy at least that you have the striped broadcloth in the 8 DeLuxe and Super 8. The houndstooth and the shadow cloth.....

Posted on: 2015/9/24 14:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved