Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 156

BigKev, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1930 733 Vacuum pressure
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eugene Wescott
See User information
Greetings,

Does anyone know where to find the spec on the correct inches/mercury that this engine should have? I believe the later model years ran between 1-7-21, but mine seems to be around 13-15, is this normal?

Thanks
Gene Wescott

Posted on: 2015/10/4 13:52
 Top  Print 

Re: 1930 733 Vacuum pressure
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've not seen manifold vacuum ever listed as a manufacturer's "spec", probably because it's kind of a universal, pretty much the same regardless of make, year, # of cylinders, etc. My '34 gives about 19 inches at idle. Your vacuum is suspect low, look for a leak somewhere. 18-20 inches is a good range for an engine in good internal condition and state of tune.

Posted on: 2015/10/4 14:35
 Top  Print 

Re: 1930 733 Vacuum pressure
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Odd Moen
See User information
The attached link is one of the best I have seen about how to detect challenges in the engine as well to tune the engine:http://www.classiccarhub.co.uk/articles/tuning-and-fault-finding-using-a-vacuum-gauge.html

By following this guideline to tune the engines, my 1934 1104 is adjusted to 19in,and my two 1929`s are adjusted between 17 and 18in. On one of the 29`I had to add 4deg spark advance to get a higher vacuum, by the same time having the engine to run smooth. A low compression engine should have a lower vacuum.

Since I came across this article I have always tuned the engines on my Packard's together with a vacuum gauge.

Posted on: 2015/10/9 5:48
633 Touring
640 Roadster
640 Phaeton
1104 Club Sedan
Odd Moen
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved