Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 Antenna Switch Bezel
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
Hi, my antenna switch bezel has come off so the switch is loose in the dash. Is there a trick to getting the bezel back on? Does the bezel come apart so the nut goes on first then the eschutson/bezel after? It looks like there is a locating pin so I don't see how the bezel/escutcheon would screw on as one piece. Thanks for any advice.

Posted on: 2015/10/5 17:24
 Top  Print 

Re: 1955 Antenna Switch Bezel
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The nut is captured inside the bezel so you need the special tool to fit over the shaft, slide in the bezel and turn the nut. Troy at Michiana Packards has repro'd the tool as have some of the regions.http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15649&forum=4&post_id=157339#forumpost157339

You can also make something that works by obtaining 1/4" hollow or internally threaded hex standoff material and drilling the center out to accept the 3/16" shaft.

Attach file:

jpg  (17.57 KB)
209_5612fba151b7b.jpg 526X251 px

Posted on: 2015/10/5 17:36
Howard
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
Thank you for your quick reply.

Posted on: 2015/10/5 18:17
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
I received the tool from Troy at Michiana Packards and want to report that it worked great. I was able to secure the switch and bezel into the dash and everything is back to normal. The tool is a must have for anyone that needs to work on the dash/switches in a V-8 Packard, thanks again Troy.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 13:06
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved