Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
51 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 48

West Peterson, Jack Vines, Keith51, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: America's Packard Museum: warehouse fire
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't really have a problem accepting that it was insurable, but no doubt the premium and deductibles reflected the higher inherent risk. After all, if you can insure your daughter's virginity, why not a warehouse w/o sprinklers?

I've got some friends who have sizeable (perhaps 10 cars) collections in a basement level garage of their homes. They are not sprinklered but they have installed multiple self-contained ceiling-mount units above each pair of cars. I don't know if they are CO2, dry chemical, water for or whatever but it seems a reasonable provision for us to consider in our own garages.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 12:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2015/11/20 13:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
The news station video shows them pushing out a '55 or '56 Chrysler. Of all the cars to survive.

It's always sad to see so many cars come to an end like this. They survived everyday life, hurricanes, scrap drives, junkyards, and to end up like this?

Posted on: 2015/11/20 19:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
I see a 1953 7 Passenger sedan in the building. Why was the building not locked and not equipped with an alarm system? These do not look like overly valuable cars at first glance. It's sad to think that folks donate cars to museums so they will be loved, restored and safe. Interesting

Posted on: 2015/11/26 0:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Looks like either meth heads or a revenge fire. I knew a shady operator whose place was burned down and another who ended up dead. If people were seen going into the building they were probably clrearing out the junkies. When I lived in Kansas City a factory burned down. They cleared out the addicts that night to avoid the messy publicity of a dead junkie. The dope addicts congregated in the park overlooking the Missouri river to watch the blaze. I came home that night after being out on the town and my front yard was full of dope addicts. If it was meth heads then they did it to collect the soon to be abandoned scrap.

As well I'm 99 percent sure I recognize the wheel on the 53 limousine. It's from a particular 56 Caribbean. It must have ended up there for the sake of an oversized charitable deduction.

Posted on: 2015/11/26 10:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved