Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1936 120B Upholstery
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hollidayjd
See User information
Does anyone know the exact upholstery material from SMS, Hirsch, or others for my '36 120B Touring Sedan? See attached pictures of the original from my car. SMS has 2 listed under wools that I think are close (PW-17 and BW-1); Hirsch has TTG-2 and TTB-2 listed under English Bedford Cord. Any opinions or comments about the quality of materials from those sources or others would also be much appreciated.

In addition, I am trying to find some information on the following:
Correct headliner material
Correct trunk lining material
Correct type of carpet.

Hirsch shows Hogshair #921 black as trunk lining material for Packard cars.

Thanks for helping out a newbie. I finally found an upholsterer to do the work (not easy in Upstate NY), so I want to source the correct materials so I can get him started soon. Daryl

Attach file:

jpg  (131.00 KB)
107991_564e1b8254131.jpg 1280X1053 px

Posted on: 2015/11/19 13:58
 Top  Print   

Re: 1936 120B Upholstery
Just popping in
Just popping in

Rick 36-120B
See User information
Just wondering if you ever got the upholstery finished in your Packard and if you are pleased with the job. Did you buy the materials from Hirsch? Are you comfortable recommending the shop that you used? Any lessons learned that you'd like to share? Can you give me a ballpark of what materials and labor cost? Thanks for the feedback

Posted on: 2017/3/25 22:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Rick 36-120B,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '36 120B in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2017/3/26 4:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hollidayjd
See User information
I ended up sourcing the seat/panel fabric (see the picture from my post) at SMS. It is a virtually identical wool broadcloth to the original fabric. No matter where it is purchased, it is expensive. I think it was around $110 per yard. That being said, SMS also provided some other samples for carpet and headliner, but my upholsterer was able to get them for a little less elsewhere. I ended up with wool carpeting (expensive stuff) and a cotton headliner. He did a great job. It took a while. Originally he thought he would have the car about 60 days, but other work that he had to do caused some delays in completing my car. I think it ended up taking about 120 days from start to finish. Total cost was in the $5000 range. I had an estimate from a guy in Rochester a couple of years ago and he wanted twice that much ($10,000), so I think I got a pretty fair deal. I will try and take some pictures for you of the interior of the car and post them here if you like.

Posted on: 2017/3/26 8:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1941
See User information
Sent you a P.M.

Posted on: 2017/3/26 17:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved