Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 138

53 Cavalier, Don B, David Timberlake, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

First Packard,First Project,First Forum
Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
Three firsts and I may be in over my head with them all. The project is a 1951 Henney hearse purchased one year ago.when I bought the car I had promises of help,a place to work on it and a line on a parts car.shortly after I got the car shop space and parts deals fell through.not much progress in a year,no garage can't have it apart in yard for any length of time.when I opened hood it had to be removed because of stiff hinges.head was off when previous owner got car,first valve in block is missing top.will try to post pic.more details to come.also tons of questions. Looking forward to being part of forums. Brian

Attach file:

jpg  (62.89 KB)
106219_56510e7ad9161.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/11/21 19:42
 Top  Print   

Re: First Packard,First Project,First Forum
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Welcome!

That's a project for sure, for no other reason that there's not many 1950s Hennys out there for parts.

Are you sure that's a 1951? Looks like a 1953 or 1954 to me (tail lights), not that it will too much difference in trying to restore it or whatever.

Maybe a "rat rod" or restomod would be appropriate.

Craig

Posted on: 2015/11/21 21:26
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
The hood has the block letters across front. But I suppose it could have been replaced. Will try to get a good pic of tail lights to me they look same as 51 Pat.

Posted on: 2015/11/21 21:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Brian(51Landau),
to PackardInfo and fpr including your '51 5107 Henney Hearse in the Packard Owner's Registry.

See you've already received advice from two of our very knowledgeable stalwarts and, if it is a 1 of 2 Henney, you have a wonderful start in the Packard world!

Posted on: 2015/11/22 2:01
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi 51Landau

Congratulations on becoming a Packard owner with a rare, unique project! Welcome to the Forum with the most helpful, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and generous group of Packard fellows who are standing by for advice and help. Please start a Forum Project Blog to post your questions and make later access easier to find.

As a bit of information that might be helpful is the 2413 Commercial chassis had the five bearing 327 cu in engine that is standard to all '51-'54 300 and Cavalier models and '53-54 Clipper Super and Deluxe models. It was optional on '51-'52 200 Deluxes. Check the Motor Serial Number charts on here for the correct numbers that would interchange. Those models that can be used for parts cars are not terribly difficult to locate. We try to post those that appear on various Craigslists under the "Various CL Pickings" thread in the For Sale/Wanted section.

Good luck with your Packard project and again welcome!

Steve

Posted on: 2015/11/22 13:42
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
Thank you all for the kind welcoming! Should have joined long ago, the encouragement and inspiration are every bit as important as technical help. I will work on starting a project blog and adding more photos.

Posted on: 2015/11/22 14:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved