Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Model info help
Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
From the research I have done I think I have a 51 Henney rear load landau. Has landau bars(currently not on car damaged by vandals) suicide doors with post(believe 3-way has no post). Both title and tag inside car say model5107 but I can find no reference to that model number. Is that possibly a Henney #. Serial no. Is 2413-2104. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian

Attach file:

jpg  (64.17 KB)
106219_5651289691bab.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/11/21 21:30
 Top  Print 

Re: Model info help
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
2413 corresponds to a 1951 commercial chassis and 2104 would be the 104th such chassis built. Are you sure you're reading the Henney number correctly? 5101 would be a landau combination car and I'm not aware of a Henney 5107 type.

Posted on: 2015/11/21 21:41
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
What type of fixtures does a combo have in back. There appears to be some kind of compartment down the length of both sides but can't get open does have two jump seats inside pass side rear door. Has partition behind seat with sliding glass and a panel with rollers that folds down to rear floor(cannot be down with jump seats up) also in the very back there is a storage compartment in floor that cover is reversible with carpet on one side and rollers on the other. No signs of lights siren or spotlight.

Posted on: 2015/11/21 22:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to the Neal 51-4 book a Henney model 5107 is a 1951 End-loading Utility - Landau with an original price of $6810. Only 2 of them made. There are some photos and construction drawings of various configurations in the book but didn't see anything for that specific model.

There is a sales brochurehttp://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1951%20Henney-Packard%20Sales%20Brochure.pdf that gives a bit of info on typical interiors common to all models

Posted on: 2015/11/21 22:05
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
If this is really a 1of 2 car what should I do with it? Any idea of value?

Posted on: 2015/11/21 22:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks Howard for referring to the Neal book for the list of Henney styles, that list is far more complete than one I referenced. I also note from it that no 5101s were actually produced.

Posted on: 2015/11/21 23:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I didn't find any info on pricing/value but only checked a few sources. Rare isn't necessarily a good thing. I'd be really scrutinizing any money going into it.
You obtained it for some reason, so trust your instincts. This is one of those have to find the right buyer for it vehicles that are as easy to sell as finding the right buyer is difficult.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 20:46
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

51Landau
See User information
Point well taken. I was just a bit shocked at the initial thought of a 1of2 vehicle. The cars monetary value is really not important to me. I bought it as a project to have fun with my wife and fellow car club members. Just dumb luck?that the first car I found(at a price I could afford and condition I can deal with)was a Packard Henney. I've worked in the same factory for over 36yrs,I can't afford to own a car that's to valuable to drive lol. Unless someone thinks they can put a price on the FUN I plan on having it is going to be made roadworthy and reliable and driven as often as possible. Plans are to do no modifications that cannot be undone(no cutting minimal welding any parts taken off will be saved)at this point I don't even intend on painting the car.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 21:13
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved