Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carpet kits for 2126
Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
The Packard is on its way to upholstery shop in a few weeks. I'm trying to find out if someone out there supplies the drop in carpets for rear and front compartments. Pretty convoluted arrangement in back with provisions for jump seat hinge supports and foot rest. Hirsch has the Moss Tred but they don't make up the kits. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 8:55
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Carpet kits for 2126
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It would certainly be very exciting news is Bill Hirsch actually has replicated MossTread carpet, are you sure of that? Last time I checked (recently) he had several Wilton products that somewhat resembled the MossTred in surface texture but without the vulcanized rubber backing. I'll call Bill shortly to check on this!

I know of no kits in MossTred or even in any of the Wiltons for your car. Just buy the material in bulk and have a good upholstery shop cut, back and bind.

PS - I just spoke with Bill. He offers a Wilton carpet product (Wilton III) which is quite close in appearance and feel to the original MossTred which was a Sidney Blumenthal product. To approximate MossTred it needs to be backed with the rubber pad and the edges then rolled and stitched. Bill said he used that material, backed with rubber and edges rolled and stitched, in several of his own cars that originally had MossTred and it was a close match and he never received any point deductions for it in CCCA judging. He doesn't not offer kits. Bill's product, properly done, is no doubt as close as you can come to the original MossTred but is NOT MossTred; it's available in many colors.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.33 KB)
177_5654767aedc20.jpg 800X616 px

Posted on: 2015/11/24 9:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved