Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 66

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

115C Front Turn Signals
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I changed the front turn signals on the 115C. I originally had them mounted on brackets near the fog lights. Not liking the look of this I decided to relocate them to the bottom of the head light housings. There was a small drain hole which I enlarged to fit the threaded shaft of the turn signal housings. After mounting them I was again not satisfied with how the chrome plated housings looked. I had the housings painted body color. I like the new look as it blends in with the rest of the car and the shape of the turn signals compliments the head light and tail light housings.

I had thought about incorporating the turn signals inside the headlights with the parking lights. To do this I would need to change the light sockets to fit dual filament bulbs. The sockets are attached to the head light reflectors. I decided against doing this as there was a good chance of damaging the rare to find reflectors.

Again, like other changes I have made, it is another non-permanent modification.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (75.59 KB)
565_5654e33d0d7e6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (98.49 KB)
565_5654e352ea3a9.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: 115C Front Turn Signals
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Great concept, very nicely executed. Congrats.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 18:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Those are the cutest turn signal lights I have seen. Where can I get a pair?

Posted on: 2015/11/24 19:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Ross, I bought them from JP Cycles at www.jpcycles.com (13225 Circle Drive, Anamosa, Iowa 52205-0138, 800-338-1747).

They are the 306-876 Mini-Bullet Light. They come with red and amber lenses. Price is $39.99 per pair.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/11/25 11:12
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Here is one place to find them. I got a set for my 39 120 and mounted them on "Z" brackets using the bumper bolts. I painted the body of the lights the same color as the car.http://www.sportsterspecialty.com/custom-bullet-signal-marker-lights.html

Posted on: 2015/11/25 11:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
David, those look like the ones that are on my Hot Rod. They are larger than the ones on the Packard.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/11/25 13:18
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Thanks so much. I need to add turn signals to my 41 Commander, plus I am thinking about the next Packard Roadster I'd like to build.

Posted on: 2015/11/25 13:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
JW, your's are smaller and do lend themselves nicely to the installation under the headlights. The ones I have would look too large there, but they do look nice above the bumper.

Posted on: 2015/11/25 23:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
David, agree. This is why I moved them to under the headlights. Do you have a photo of your installation?

It would be nice to see what others have done when adding turn signals to pre-war Packards.

Happy Thanksgiving.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/11/26 11:37
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved