Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Packard 110 Distributor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ragtime Kid
See User information
My original distributor shaft has a lot of side play -- too much to open/close the points reliably. After switching to Pertronix it ran for a while but quit on me several times and now won't start up.

I ordered a NOS distributor and advance from MM and what I received doesn't match the number of my original distributor although it looks identical.

The original distributor was a Delco-Remy 1110092 and the replacement one says Delco-Remy 1110132.

Can anyone tell me if this replacement one will work fine in my '41 110? What little I was able to find out online is that the 1110132 was used in 1946-1947 Clippers.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/11/27 12:40
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 Packard 110 Distributor
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Can't comment on the distributor interchange but I'm curious why you didn't just rebush (or have someone rebush it for you) your existing distributor? Parts less than $25 and an easy job.

Posted on: 2015/11/27 12:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ragtime Kid
See User information
Hi Owen,

That's what I wanted to do but, believe it or not, I couldn't find anyone locally who could/would do it. I called around to some of the rebuilders in the back of Hemmings and they were asking $250 to rebuild it, which is what the NOS one cost so I decided to go for a new one. Now I'm hesitant to install it until I can verify it is in fact interchangeable.

The advance weights weren't moving correctly -- one would hang up and not extend, etc so I just wanted to know I had something reliable after being left stranded several times lately.

Posted on: 2015/11/27 13:13
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to Hollander 23rd edition and Motors Eleventh edition they are directly interchangeable. Actual specs for the two numbers given in Motors are identical so the difference may be as simple as a relocated screw or clip or maybe a stronger bushing.

Both books and Packard part list say the 092 was used only on the 41 six while the 132 was used on the sixes from 42-48. I would see no reason you couldn't use it on the 41.

Posted on: 2015/11/27 14:01
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ragtime Kid
See User information
Thank you very much, HH56! Your response has given me the confidence to install this new distributor and I will let you all know if I am up and running again.

Here is is Thanksgiving weekend and I am thankful for the community of all you Packard enthusiasts for the support you have given me in getting started in this wonderful pastime.

Posted on: 2015/11/27 14:29
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved