Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Build sheet availability
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jameson
See User information
I recently acquired, at long last, a '47 Custom Super 8 sedan and was wondering if anything of a "build sheet" or birth certificate would exist in any databases. Does anyone still keep active records anywhere or have most of the files been destroyed? I was able to get a sheet based on the VIN of my previous car (Ford Motor Co.) but am not sure about the world of Packard. Has anyone else tried this in the past?

Thanks,

Auggie

Posted on: 2015/12/1 22:55
1947 Custom Supper Clipper 2106
 Top  Print 

Re: Build sheet availability
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Auggie,

You have a very nice Packard as evidenced in your Registry entry.

Regarding your question about history, unless the "build sheet" is still secreted somewhere on the car, the usual place being tucked above the glove box while others have found one between the fuel filler pipe and body or under a carpet or seat frame, you're unlikely to find anyone one who has it unless it's a prior owner. If you do find the "build sheet" be very careful in handling it because after almost 70 years of hibernation it will be very brittle. Another option to explore, if you're a PAC member, is contacting the roster keeper for that year/model. Don't take all that as definitive, others may chime in with more relevant or detailed information.

EDIT - On the PAC Website there's access to a list of Roster Keepers. Click on the Roster Keepers icon on the left side of the Home Page. Then scroll down and open the PDF.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 3:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
You can order your original Build sheet from Studebaker below.

they will send you your build sheet at the car went down the assembly line listing all options etc. as well as build date, time etc.

https://studebakermuseum.org/store/production-orders/

Posted on: 2015/12/2 7:49
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Doesn't really sound like it covers Packard, only Studebaker cars and trucks....
John

Posted on: 2015/12/2 8:26
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't believe the Studebaker Museum has any availability of build slips except for some models of the 1955/56 years. There may be some very small collections of build slips in private hands, for example the 1956 Caribbeans, but I'm not aware of any for the 21st Series. Your only chance for a build slip is to find it still located in the car, or with documentation that prior owners might have provided.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 9:09
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
Augie:
That's one absolutely gorgeous car, though I never owned a
21st series , I always wished I did. The build sheet on my
49 was under the rear seat, have you looked there?

Posted on: 2015/12/2 12:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
We discovered a build sheet for a 22nd Custom Sedan on top of the glove box. Like Mal wrote, be careful if you find it as the paper is most fragile.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/12/2 13:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Yes, studebaker has production orders 36-58

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:21
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
What information is on the sheet? Is it a scanned or reproduced document from original archived paper slip? Does it have the body # aka " thief proof" cowl #?. The website says some Packard 56-58. May they have some 55 and earlier and would anyone know if earlier ones are electronicically reproduced from microfiche etc?

Posted on: 2015/12/3 7:33
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jameson
See User information
Thanks for the feedback gents, as well as the compliments! I will take a tour inside the car and see if there is any evidence of a build sheet from the factory -- none in the glove compartment, as I've already checked there, but have not looked under the seats yet.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 9:46
1947 Custom Supper Clipper 2106
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved