Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
87 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1928 Custom-Bodied 7-Passenger Phaeton
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1941
See User information
The name "Dick Saunders" and his love for building cars as he wanted them is known to a number of upstate Packard lovers. There is a gentleman, Russell "Hoppie" Decker who used to go to Hershey as a vendor every year, who know Dick Saunders well. I haven't seen Hoppie in the last few years, but I recall him telling me that when the boat tail speedster was being touted as a Dutch Darrin creation, he (Hoppie) tried to set the record straight and was threaten by the auction company with a lawsuit, so he stopped saying anything.

Posted on: 2016/6/5 12:59
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Roadster
See User information
Yes, Hoppie knows this car well. Hoppie was close friend of Dicks. I remember Dick driving up our driveway just like it was yesterday. His cars were always unique. He spent many years working for Packard Agencies from Boston to Albany. He was very knowledgable about Packards. He had great stories. Even as a youngster; I enjoyed his stories. My brother has a lot of history on this car from early registrations to photographs. It would be nice to see that this car is represented correctly.

Posted on: 2016/6/6 20:34
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Roadster
See User information
Yes, Hoppie knows this car well. Hoppie was close friend of Dicks. I remember Dick driving up our driveway just like it was yesterday. His cars were always unique. He spent many years working for Packard Agencies from Boston to Albany. He was very knowledgable about Packards. He had great stories. Even as a youngster; I enjoyed his stories. My brother has a lot of history on this car from early registrations to photographs. It would be nice to see that this car is represented correctly.

Posted on: 2016/6/6 20:34
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

vintageride
See User information
You may also be interested in this thread from the AACA general discussion.

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/278127-1936-packard-twelve-speedster-904080-mecum-monterey-2016/?_fromLogin=1

Roadster and I knew Mr. Saunders. Spending many hours visiting about Packard cars at his house at 71 South Street in Rensselaer, New York.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 6:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Roadster
See User information
Below is a youtube slideshow of the Saunders creation

"1936 Packard Twelve Boattail Speedster 904080"

https://youtu.be/8wnLBrxmSbk

Posted on: 2016/6/25 9:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Now in an article in Hemmings.

A few years back saw this car in the museum at Dayton where it was attributed to Fernandez & Darrin!

And G'day to vintageride,
to PackardInfo, I invite you to include any Packard/s you may have in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 18:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved