Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Yesterdays Radio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This may be old news but for those that haven't heard, there is a notice on Yesterdays Radio site that he is closing as of June 30, 2016. I would take that to mean that unless someone buys the business there will be no more repro knobs!!

He has updated the catalog and a lot of items are already discontinued. Maybe it would be prudent to get some of your anticipated knob needs taken care of now.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 0:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Yesterdays Radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Thanks Howard. The Sun rises in the East. This picture was taken at the Ilya Sorokin's Oldtimer-Gallery in Moscow 2015. I have never measured Packard knobs but if all else fails then the one or another Russian spare part could be an alternative.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.71 KB)
757_56adc31641898.jpg 500X364 px

Posted on: 2016/1/31 3:17
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
There are still excellent quality replacement pieces for radio and other plastic and metal trim pieces.

A good friend makes virtually any plastic part for Packard radios-no matter how old, including radio dials in plastic or glass, knobs in plastic, trim in plastic. And the quality is amazingly good.

He also makes body and data plates or can restore yours. Here is a sample of an ignition plate made from scratch. Dating is his, not mine. This fellow can make virtually anything in plastic, glass, cloissone and more.

Attach file:

jpg  (109.82 KB)
1249_56aebbe532ef3.jpg 1280X1155 px

Posted on: 2016/1/31 21:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Leedy--you aren't talking about Troosh, are you?

Posted on: 2016/2/1 9:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:
Leedy--you aren't talking about Troosh, are you?

Nope. Got no idea who Troosh is. But anyway, not Troosh.

And remember, Leeedy is with 3 e's.

By the way, here's one of my friend's repop Twelve hub medallions.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.99 KB)
1249_56b12b6a9b9b0.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2016/2/2 17:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Might it be possible to know who this mystery person is? Would like to get some Packard medallions done, plus a couple plastic pieces. Thanks

Posted on: 2016/2/2 18:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

tolandis wrote:
Might it be possible to know who this mystery person is? Would like to get some Packard medallions done, plus a couple plastic pieces. Thanks

Simply ask and ye shall receive. No mystery at all. Contact one Jerry Turner at Nostalgic Reflections in Veradale, WA. He has a web site. Be sure to tell Jerry that Leeedy sent you!

Posted on: 2016/2/4 7:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I wish yesterday's radio had online ordering....instead of the 1990s format.

I wasn't planning on buying the radio antennae grommet yet, but the closure kinda forces my hand. but what a pita to order. sorry...I'm spoiled by paypal and the such.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 12:20
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sure Paypal has it's convenience. What you miss is not actually meeting and speaking with your vendor, finding out more about his project, future projects, what others in the hobby are doing, new projects started, repro runs terminated, etc. I personally prefer getting to know vendors and folks in the hobby, made many friends this way that I'd never have met by a simple internet purchase. To each his own.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 13:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, and for those of us who are deaf and do not use a telephone (such as myself), paying online is the only way to go. It IS the 21st Century after all! If the only other option is to write and mail a check, then whatever it is I am trying to buy will stay with the seller.

Posted on: 2016/2/5 18:47
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved