Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 77

CarFreak, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Rubber for "rear vent windows"
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Getting ahead of the game here, but I have a 1951, 4dr sedan with the fixed "wing windows" in the back doors. Can I buy new rubber for around these and also the vertical rubber strip? I see there is a piece of the rubber missing in the upper corner on the driver's side and the rubber is missing from the vertical piece.

John

Posted on: 2016/1/31 14:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Rubber for "rear vent windows"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Steele has both and so does Kanter. I believe both pieces sell as pairs only.

Can be a PIA to install if the entire main window and frame has to come out to remove the vent. I recently did it on the 47 and the later cars are very similar. I don't remember if Steeles later model vertical rubber has the embedded steel core or is just cemented over the old core. The 47 had the embedded core and those have to be riveted to the frame.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 14:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Seen a hot rod that had one piece rear side windows in it....
PIA huh, seems everything is that way on these cars....LOL

John

Posted on: 2016/1/31 14:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
PM sent- I have a set

Posted on: 2016/1/31 16:53
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Re: Rubber for rear door quarter windows
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Has anyone replaced the rubber around the rear door fixed quarter windows on a 1951-54 Packard? I see only the one style of rubber listed on Steele that is describe has rubber for vent windows in rear door. Do both use the same rubber? Wanted to verify before ordering rubber pieces.

John

Posted on: 2016/2/13 12:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Hope this helps

Attach file:

jpg  (33.91 KB)
17226_56bf94cfd4d87.jpg 639X627 px

Posted on: 2016/2/13 15:40
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Hi Troy,

That illustration is a regular wing window that opens. Mine are fixed, and don't open.

John

Posted on: 2016/2/13 16:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Which model do you have? I thought they all opened but there is "special stationary equipment" mentioned for a 2492 model. Only description is a 200 sedan so curious why it was available with a special no vent option. Is yours a really stripped down model or a special purpose like the salesmans or business model that had shelves for sales cases and no rear seat.

Could you post a photo as to what vent looks like. If the stationary window was only used on one model then finding formed rubber may prove interesting. -- unless it maybe could use something like an ordinary U shaped channel such as early windshield or maybe rear window rubber. It if can use generic then several shapes are sold by the foot and might be a possibility.

Posted on: 2016/2/13 16:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
That is what mine is Howard, a 2492 4 dr sedan. It would be the cheapest of the 1951 200 4 dr sedans. Though it does have a radio (push button) outside mirror, heater/defroster, Ultramatic and back lights and turn signals.
I hope to get a better look at it maybe Tuesday this next week. Right now it is under a car cover with a couple inches of snow on it. Suppose to start warming up Monday.

John

Posted on: 2016/2/13 20:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Checking the owner's register, I see at least 8 other people that own 2492 series Packard cars.
John

Posted on: 2016/2/13 20:53
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved