Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 106

JW49, CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

vaccum advance for auto-lite distributor
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

DBeck
See User information
Quick update on my project. (1949 series 22) I have the front fenders off and have removed the pan, head, intake and exhaust. I have found that I had about 4 exhaust valves that weren't seating so have done a valve job and will be lapping them in and reassemble this next week. I was checking out all the components I have removed and found that my vacuum advance is bad on the distributor it will not hold vacuum. The distributor is an auto-lite GP 4502B 20x. Is there a number for the vacuum advance unit and where is the best place to obtain one.

Also does anyone know what the paint code would be for the serpentine green for this year car? I would like a DuPont code or any major supplier that can be crossed back to DuPont. Also would like input as to what type of paint to use? Single stage urethane, or a base coat clear coat. Please chime in with your suggestions.

Thanks so much guys for all your help.
Dave Beck

Posted on: 2016/2/6 17:43
 Top  Print 

Re: vaccum advance for auto-lite distributor
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Feltz Terrill, Terrill Machine Inc. in De Leon, Texas (254-893-2610) will rebuild yours. You can also check with Max Merritt and Kanter's to see if they have one in stock. They will want your old one as a core in exchange for theirs.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/2/6 18:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved