Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 98

kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

2016 Packards International Membership Meet
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
For those unaware, the Packards International Membership Meet is this weekend.

There is an All-Packard car show on Sat. Free viewing for the public.

Also, there is probably the largest All-Packard swap meet on the West Coast on Sunday. This is also open to the public.

I will be in attendance for the car show and the swap meet, and I should have the Clipper there this weekend as well.

The hotel is sold out as of last check, so not sure if that means the meet is going to be large, or there is something else going on in the area that weekend.

Attached is the PDF event flyer for those that are interested, also the weather for this weekend.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 359.54 KB; Hits: 79

jpg  (7.52 KB)
1_56b8c2549d15f.jpg 500X116 px

Posted on: 2016/2/8 11:28
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: 2016 Packards International Membership Meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
If you should happpen to see a 1940 rear arm rest limousine radio head send me a text if you could. Not the 1941 that goes in the side. Thanks Todd. tolandis@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2016/2/8 11:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I was a long time member of PI, over forty years. I have taken several of my cars down and received over 247 points with both my 42 and 48, had a post war best of show and had my 48 custom eight convertible as the saloon car in the national magazine. But when they dropped the roster and the projects it was not worth the drive down south. I wish them the best as there are some wonderful people in the region. Dell

Posted on: 2016/2/10 10:04

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
You are lucky to have good weather this time of year for your event and enough people still involved in the hobby to make it worth while. Wish we could say the same. Have fun. How did you get away with it on VD weekend?

Posted on: 2016/2/10 10:55
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
For some reason, the PI Meet has fallen on Valentines Weekend the last few years. Luckily Nicole is a good sport about the whole thing and enjoys the cars.

The PI Club has been getting smaller every year, and I see their number of chapters has dwindled as well. I haven't been a formal member in years, but I go to the event for the Car Show and the Swapmeet. Also, the venue they are haveing it at sold off a significant portion of their parking lot for a condo development, so the available space for cars and swap meet has been getting smaller every year as well. Still, it is the best place on the west coast to see Packards clustered together and the largest place to find parts.

For those coming down, check out Donut Derelicts which is at Adam St Donuts in Huntington Beach on Sat morning. This a pop-up car cruise that happens every sat morning and they usually have about 500 cars show up at around 5:30 am, and they are usually all gone by 8 am. Perfect to go to before the PI Car Show starts on Sat morning.

Posted on: 2016/2/10 11:08
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
5:30A.M.? I don't stay up that late. I've heard of the Donuts Derelicts gathering and it a well respected event. Weather permitting will go to the Austin Cars & Coffee on Sunday morning. Take a bunch of photos/videos.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2016/2/10 11:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
JW, yeah it's for sure O-Dark Thirty!

On top of that, I live an hour away, so that means up by 4:00am if I want to go to that. So it doesn't have that often for me.

But there is for sure some really cool and unique cars of all eras that drive in for it. No trailer queens, no awards, just donuts, coffee and tire kicking.

I posted a video a couple years go showing a typical Donut Derelicts turn out.

Posted on: 2016/2/10 11:28
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Video of the cars, only about 40 cars.

https://youtu.be/cat1fcSf6c4

Posted on: 2016/2/13 15:41
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Good job nice to see there are some place where its not cold with snow are time on east coast will come

Posted on: 2016/2/13 22:06
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

"only about 40 cars" Forty fascinating cars is preferable to 200 frequently-seen, uninteresting cars. Nice turnout, thanks for the video.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/2/14 9:21
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved