Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
44 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 43

CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard / Studebaker Manual
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
I found some loose pages from a Manual that is over 1000 pages covering Packard and Studebaker information. The few pages I have has some great engineering data such as valve lash, stem clearances, valve timing, and running clearances, piston ring end gap, piston pound pull etc for both Packard and Studebaker broken down by year and model as well as engine numbering locations etc.

Anyone familiar with this Manual, I would love to get the full catalog. It makes me wonder what data I a missing with the few pages I have. Lots of good stuff.

Attach file:

jpg  (119.07 KB)
17226_56bd1d6dbb224.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (102.69 KB)
17226_56bd1d7d7f094.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2016/2/11 18:47
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard / Studebaker Manual
Home away from home
Home away from home

bobp
See User information
Looks like a Motors Manual from the late 50's early 60's.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 18:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THose pages should be from a 1958 Motors Manual. It is not a manual that is exclusivelyy Packard.

IT is titled on the front of the manual as "Motors Repair Manual" and it covers ALL US makes of cars buiilt ca 1950 thru 1958.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 18:59
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Probably less than 40 pages out of maybe 900 to 1200 pages of the Manual will cover Packard.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 19:02
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are multiple editions and can be found on ebay from time to time-- not sure but they were probably updated every year as new models came out. I think each issue covered maybe 10 years. I have 3 or 4 editions covering from mid 30s to early 60s. Chiltons is another in the same format but IMO, Motors presents better.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 19:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Look in used bookstores too. They used to be in the public library around here too.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 20:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Thanx guys, I just ordered one. It will be a nice addition to the library.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 20:25
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Troy, you may want to get more than one edition. As Howard points out he has the ones that cover the 1930s to 1960s. I have three of the Motors Manuals covering 1935-1969. Very handy. Also interesting reading, especially the pre-war years when so many different marques were still covered.

(o{}o)

The Flat Rate and Parts manuals, separate publications from the repair manuals, are also a good source for parts information.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 22:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
That one must be 1959 as 1958 (I have it) doesn't have the Hawk frontend below the other years, but all the printed material should be the same. Packard & Clipper are pages 834 thru 862 in 58.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 22:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I have several different year ones good source of information and general reading if you are interested in cars like the cutaway views of different engines. Also useful information on different Auto transmission, brakes carbs and electrical parts. Can be found cheap at swap meets. Not from guys who sell manuals mixed in with regular car stuff.

Posted on: 2016/2/12 10:15
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved